When I first saw the three colors for this week’s Global Design Project Color Challenge – Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight and Dapper Denim – I knew how perfect they’d be for a festive and fun birthday card. What I didn’t know at the time is how Eclectic Expressions would be an important part of my card. This new-to-Sale-a-Bration stamp set is one of three new items that can be earned starting on February 16. How exciting is that?! Here’s my birthday card with these three colors:
- Build-a-Background. I couldn’t be more excited about the three new items that will be introduced to the Sale-a-Bration offerings. Two Level One items (for a $50 purchase) and one Level Two item (for a $100 purchase) will be available starting February 16. I showcased two of these products (the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper and Blossoming Basket Bundle) on Friday – you can see that project here. Today’ project showcases the Eclectic Layers stamp set in the background panel – such fun watercolored images that can be used in so many ways! Here’s a look at the Eclectic Expressions stamp set:
Stampin’ Up! demonstrators have been able to order these three new products for a short time. Because I didn’t pay close attention when I selected my Eclectic Expressions, here’s the stamp set I actually chose:
See the difference? As you can tell, I mistakenly chose the French version of the stamp set. Hmph. It didn’t stop me from using these fun, watercolored images, though. 🙂
- Build-a-Candle. I used the Picture Perfect Birthday stamp set to add a super-fun candle to my card. The fun background can be used on almost any card, but the sentiment and candle make this background perfect for a birthday celebration. One small challenge – the candle is too small and got lost behind the big sentiment. The answer was easy! I simply stamped two candles and pieced them together to make a long candle. I covered over the pieced area with the sentiment. Here’s a closer look at the candle – I snapped a picture as I was making the card:
- Size it Up. When I started this background panel of big circles and tiny spots, I knew I wanted it to be a small panel on a bigger card. After I cropped it into this 2-1/2″ x 4″ panel, I had a hard time making it work on a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card – it would just get lost on a bigger card. What to do? Since the panel would take a starring role on a notecard-sized card front, I had my answer. This gem will be tucked into an envelope from the Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes. Such a fun size for a bright and cheery card!
Stamp Sets: Eclectic Expressions, Picture Perfect Birthday, Birthday Wit Papers: Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Melon Mambo, Dapper Denim, Daffodil Delight, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! I’m hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage – and I’m calling it Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. This event will be Friday, April 6 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will open today to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
To learn more or to sign up now, CLICK HERE.