This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge offers a large sentiment with a small element in the lower, right corner. After pulling out all of my oversized sentiments and dies, I opted to be a rebel (of sorts) and created a card with a small sentiment. I love the pairing of this sentiment with this image – perfect for those who spend any amount of time on Facebook but still perfectly suitable for those who don’t. Here’s my card:
- I Like This Pairing. My card combines a sentiment from Oh So Eclectic (a beautiful, trendy flower set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog) with an image from Bubble Over (a festive, fun stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog). How fun are these two together? It’s almost like they come from the same stamp set, right? Here’s a look at the sentiments and images in Oh So Eclectic (which is offered as a bundle with some great dies I didn’t use here):
And here’s a look at the Bubble over Bundle:
Both of these are great to have – together, they are perfect for the young’uns in your life who live and breathe on their phones.
- Stampin’ Blends. Last year Stampin’ Up! released a new set of alcohol markers – these new Stampin’ Blends markers are offered in a dark and light shade of select colors or as a full collection. Alcohol markers are so easy to use – they give such a uniform wash of color (with one marker) or beautiful depth and texture (with more than one color). Here’s a close-up look at the thumbs-up hand that was colored with a Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blend and an Ivory Stampin’ Blend:With nestable, press-fit lids, these markers are designed to stay sealed so the markers stay inky long-term. I have really enjoyed working with these markers (they work best with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Thick Whisper White cardstock). Sale-a-Bration is the best time to order a full collection Stampin’ Blends- I’ve added a link to the full collection below. During Sale-a-Bration, you can add the full collection to an order (and earn at least two Sale-a-Bration rewards) OR add the collection to a fully customized Starter Kit. Please email me if you have questions.
- Tall and Slender. I love to play around with the sizes of cards – every once in a while, you’ll find a 3″ x 3″ card here or a larger square card. For today’s card, I created a tall, slender card that measures 5-1/2″ tall and 3-1/2″ wide. When you switch up sizes to create a card that won’t fit into a standard envelope, you can always create one with the Envelope Punch Board. I created an envelope for this card with this Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper (note: it’s the Gladstone size on the board), but didn’t grab a picture of it. Trust me – it’s adorable. 🙂
Bundles: Bubble Over Bundle Stamp Sets: Oh So Eclectic, Bubble Over Papers: Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Bermuda Bay, Ivory) Accessories: Bottles & Bubbles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP. In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! I’m hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage – and I’m calling it Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. This event will be Friday, April 6 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will be closing soon – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
To learn more or to sign up now, CLICK HERE.
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.