Oh, I love a wonderful color challenge! The FabFriday color challenge that kicks off today is a fresh mix of Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pool Party and Soft Suede. Love! I reached for my Stampin’ Blends (three of the colors are found in the Blends) to make a delightful card for a delightful friend. Here’s my card:
- Stamps. My card features images from three must-have stamp sets. If you don’t have these in your collection, please take a look and reconsider. 🙂 The focal point is the giant butterfly from Beautiful You – how gorgeous! The thick, rough borders make him easy to snip out and mount on the card front (or as a beautiful element on a gift). Here’s a look at the Beautiful You stamp set: The gorgeous background is from the Tree Rings background stamp set – I’ve had it for a while, but this is the first time I’ve inked it up: The sentiment comes from my favorite stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog – Petal Palette. Here’s a look at that set:
- Classic Ink with Stampin’ Blends. Stampin’ Blends are Alcohol Markers that can’t be used with our dye-based Classic inks – they will cause the inks to bleed. So how did I color this butterfly that’s outlined with Soft Suede ink? Here’s a quick summary of how I was able to create an image with both inks:
- Multiple Stamps. My card features a little bit of stamping off to achieve a softer look and multiple stamping to achieve a darker look. Has there ever been anything as exciting as that!? To create a soft background with the gorgeous Tree Rings background stamp, I stamped the image off on a piece of scrap paper once before stamping on the Very Vanilla cardstock. Such a simple way to generate a soft look. To reinforce the depth of the butterfly outline, I stamped it three times with Soft Suede. Because my image as lined up on my Stamparatus, I was able to concentrate the ink in the same place over and over. The triple-inked outline almost looks black in the photos, but it’s a gorgeous shade of Soft Suede.
Stamp Sets: Beautiful Day, Tree Rings, Petal Palette Papers: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Thick Very Vanilla Inks: Soft Suede, Stampin’ Blends (Old Olive, Pool Party, Rich Razzleberry), Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, Accessories: Stamparatus, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.