For this week’s color challenge at the Global Design Project (Lovely Lipstick, Bermuda Bay and Night of Navy), I knew I wanted to play with flowers. While there’s no true green in this combo, I surmised that this mix would look lovely with a floral pattern. What better set to showcase flowers that the new Blended Seasons stamp set (available August 1 while supplies last)?! Here’s my card:
- Blended Seasons. The flowers and sentiment I have showcased on this card are from the Blended Seasons stamp set, a limited-time, while-supplies-last bundle that’s available starting August 1. While I only used the stamps set on this card, here’s a look at this bundle: The images and sentiment in this set are versatile – it covers Spring, Fall and Christmas. The images are perfect for coloring with Stampin’ Blends or any other medium you like to color with – including the new assortment of Watercolor Pencils that are part of the new promotion. As you can see from my project, I added no color to the flowers and relied on the cardstock panels behind the white outlines of the flowers. To read more about this promotion and to see some samples with this bundle, CLICK HERE.
- Cutting the Sentiment. Like the flowers from the stamp set, I stamped the sentiment with Whisper White Craft Ink and covered it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder before heating the powder with my Heat Tool. The sentiment is on a 7/8″ strip of Night of Navy that I cropped with Pretty Label punch for a unique finish. I slid the strip of cardstock into the punch like this: And ended up with a rounded edge on my strip: What an easy way to add a little touch of special to something so ordinary!
- Layer Measurements. The layers of Lovely Lipstick and Bermuda Bay are so fun on this card. While there are so many ways to layer these colors together beautifully (I encourage you to play around with the layers to get exactly what you want), I like how these layers turned out. Here are the measurements for the layers on this card (starting from the base and working my way up):
- LAYER 1 – Night of Navy – 5-1/5″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″
- LAYER 2 – Thick Whisper White – 4-1/2″ x 3-5/8″
- LAYER 3 – Bermuda Bay – 1″ x 3-1/2″, Lovely Lipstick – 2-3/8″ x 3-1/2″, Bermuda Bay – 1″ x 3-1/2″
- LAYER 4 – Night of Navy – 2-1/2″ x 7/8″
Bundles: Blended Seasons Stamp Sets: Blended Seasons Papers: Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Lovely Lipstick, Thick Whisper White Inks: Whisper White Craft Accessories: White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Pretty Label punch, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge. The challenge goes live at 7am EST.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Between July 1 and July 31, Stampin’ Up! is hosting an amazing promotion where you can get one pack of select papers when you buy three packs of select papers.
To help expand our family and create opportunities for even more meaningful relationships with fellow crafters, Stampin’ Up! is giving us a Stampin’ Pad Family Recruiting Promotion. During this promotion, new team members will receive a FREE assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads (your choice!) with your Starter Kit!