It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – what fun! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our themed projects with you. I’m so honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers!
For today’s Be Inspired Hop, we are creating projects that share our sympathy or get well wishes with the recipients of our art. When our friends or family are grieving or struggling, we want to show our love and offer our support – what an unique opportunity to reach out with our craft. If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just popped over from the amazing project shared by my talented Canadian friend Carolynn Sander.
Instead of focusing on a sympathy card for someone who’s lost a loved one, I’ve created a pack of cards they can use to thank everyone who reached out and offered assistance during their time of need. Here’s a look at my card box:And here’s a look at the note cards they’ll find inside:
Here’s a closer look at each of the three designs I’ve included:
- Three Products. My project features three products that come together seamlessly in this project. One is from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog, and two are from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. Here’s are rundown of these three must-have products:
- Stamps. The sentiments on the notecards inside the box are from the Kindness & Compassion stamp set. We all have sets that offer condolences and sympathy, but this set both offers condolences and [uniquely] expressions of gratitude for condolences shown. That makes them perfect for a gift to a loved one who’s experienced great loss. Here’s a look at the gorgeous sentiments in the Kindness & Compassion stamp set:
- Paper. While Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper is designed for Christmas projects (the name is a big giveaway), the paper features beautiful patterns in a sophisticated palette of Merry Merlot, Tranquil Tide, Gray Granite and copper foil. These colors are peaceful and calm – perfect to show gratitude for sympathy shown (as long as you maneuver around the reindeer, holly and snowflakes). Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper:
- Ribbon. I don’t use a lot of ribbon, but I knew I’d be using this Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ Reversible Ribbon as soon as I saw it – I just needed the right project. This box needed a belly band, and this ribbon gave me just what I needed. It’s gorgeous, don’t you think? Here’s a look at this gorgeous ribbon:
- Build a Box. While I made 10 cards to include in my box (according to Julie’s design), I can only fit 6 cards (with envelopes) inside. That’s the downside to adding so many layers to my design. 🙂 While the cards inside are the gift I’m sharing with the recipient, the box makes these cards super special. You know I’m no genius with 3-D, so I looked to my friend and team member, Julie DiMatteo, for inspiration. During last year’s OnStage, Julie shared this box she made for notecards and subsequently shared the project in a blog post. I followed her instructions, template and video to make this box (on my first try!). I decorated the box lid with Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper, bordered with Merry Merlot cardstock. While Julie used magnets to keep her box closed, I used this gorgeous Merry Merlot & Copper Ribbon as a belly band – just slide the ribbon down to open the box’s lid: Julie’s blog post with this project is amazing – here’s the template to make this box with an 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet of cardstock: If you’d like to see Julie’s post with detailed instructions and a great video on how to make this box, CLICK HERE.
- Color Combination. I’m in love with the colors in the Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Papers – the colors for my box and cards were pulled right from the serene, sophisticated shades in this pack of paper. Since my project is not Christmas-themed, I just had to make sure I either used Merry Merlot, Gray Granite and Copper OR Tranquil Tide, Gray Granite and Copper. Every time I tried to mix Merry Merlot and Tranquil Tide, I could hear Christmas bells ringing. If you like the combination of Gray Granite, Merry Merlot and Copper Foil, please save this:If you like the combination of Gray Granite, Tranquil Tide and Copper Foil, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Kindness & Compassion Papers: Joyous Noel Specialty Designer Series Paper, Gray Granite, Merry Merlot, Tranquil Tide, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White Note Cards & Envelopes Inks: Merry Merlot, Tranquil Tide Accessories: Merry Merlot & Copper 5/8″ Reversible Ribbon, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Tailored Tag Punch, Simply Scored, Bone Folder, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my project. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my dear friend from down under, Louise Sharp. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Louise Sharp
- Janneke de Jong
- Jenny Hall
- Tanja Kolar
- Monica Gale
- Maike Beimler
- Cathy Caines
- Carolynn Sander
- Brian King
Here are links to the products I used to create this project: