Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “We are Family.” As you might guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by family – we have a wide variety of projects today! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m also excited to welcome Allison Okamitsu, talented Canadian friend (she’s from Calgary, Alberta) to today’s hop. We are so excited she has agreed to join our blog hop today! What fun! Here’s a picture of Allison and me at one of our past Conventions:
I have an amazing family, and I know how fortunate I am for that. Sometimes, though, we adopt others into our closest circle. That’s when friends become our chosen family. My family-themed card features a “family tree” with Sheltering Tree that extends to a “chosen family tree” with the help of a new sentiment from Sale-a-Bration. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Two Stamp Sets. The sentiment on my card if created with a Sale-a-Bration stamp set that’s available to earn with a $50 purchase starting January 3. Stampin’ Up! asked demonstrators for sentiments they’d like to see in stamp sets and used those suggestions to make Part of My Story. How cool is that?! Here’s a look at the new Part of My Story stamp set: My tree is stamped with the classic Sheltering Tree stamps set – love that set! Here’s a look at Sheltering Tree stamp set:
- Build-a-Tree. There’s more to this tree than you might think. I stamped the tree trunk with Soft Suede ink and then the image of leaves in Pear Pizzazz right over it. There’s another little stamp in the set with six little spots that look just like the leaves – I inked that stamp up with Old Olive and randomly stamped around the image of the Pear Pizzazz leaves.I punched Blushing Bride and Flirty Flamingo hearts with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch and layered those in the tree.
- Color Combination. There are two greens, two pinks, a brown and a black on card front. The supporting layers, though, are built with one pink, one green and one brown – a combination I love! If you love this combination of Blushing Bride, Pear Pizazz and Soft Suede, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree, Part of My Life Papers: Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, Blushing Bride, Whisper White Inks: Smoky Slate, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black Accessories: Cookie Cutter Builder Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Candy Ford at Stamp Candy. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
Here are links to the products I used on today’s card: