I’m so excited to share this week’s sketch challenge for CAS(E) This Sketch. When I designed this simple sketch as a fun way to showcase great sentiments, I didn’t know what stamp sets or dies we’d be working with, but I knew I’d be able to find something fun to work with. I reached for a Thanksgiving-themed stamp set to make this sweet “wishing you well” card:
- Gather Together. There’s nothing quite like a “wishing you well” card. When you are under-the-weather or experiencing great loss, there’s nothing more uplifting than a friend who reaches out to let you know they are thinking of you. The sentiment is from the Gather Together photopolymer stamp set. The Gather Together Bundle includes the Gather Together stamp set and coordinating Gathered Leaves Dies. Here’s a look at that bundle: I used my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment on Whisper White cardstock. I lifted the plate, moved it down a notch and stamped again. After a handful of those, I adjusted the paper in the Stamparatus and stamped between those other sentiments with the same process. So easy!
- Layered Heart. While the words along the side of the card are the heart of this design, it’s the layered heart that’s positioned over the words that’s really special. Here’s a closer look at the heart: The heart on top is double-layered to give it the support it needs with all the dimensionals beneath it. Here are the layers, after the Whisper White card front (working my way up):
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Vellum cardstock cropped with Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White cardstock cropped with Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Woven Threads Designer Series Paper cropped with Stitched Be Mine Dies
- Woven Threads. With all the gorgeous papers in Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Holiday Catalog, it’s easy to forget about all of the amazing papers in the 2019 Annual Catalog. For the base of this card and the coordinated heart at the top, I pulled a gorgeous piece of Woven Threads Designer Series Paper that mixes two new In Colors (Rococo Rose and Terracotta Tile) in a beautiful, textured page. Here are the patterns and colors in the Woven Threads Designer Series Papers:
Stamp Sets: Gather Together Papers: Woven Threads Designer Series Paper, Rococo Rose, Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black Accessories: Stitched Be Mine Dies, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – TNMWZQ2R – when prompted. Thank you!