I love playing with colors – bright, soft, regal – but there’s something about the neutral tones of Fall that make me very, very happy. The warm colors make me want to wrap in a blanket and sit in a rocker on the back porch. I don’t even care what I’ll be doing – I can read a book, converse with a friend or just stare into the back yard. Today’s card for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge showcases beautiful, Fall flowers on a textured brown background – so simple, but so beautiful. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Two Great Bundles. My card features stamps from two bundles that need to be on your list this Autumn – one is from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog, and one is from the August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. What fun! The bouquet of sunflowers and coordinating stems are from the Jar of Flowers Stamp Set in the Annual Catalog. While these flowers can be stamped to fit perfectly in a Mason jar, I chose to let my flowers stand alone. Here’s a look at the Jar of Flowers Bundle:The “Season of Thanks” sentiment is from a returning favorite in Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog – and I couldn’t love this set more! Even more exciting than seeing this set return in this year’s Mini Catalog is the fact that the stamp set and coordinating dies are offered at a bundled savings of 10% off (even when coordinating stamps and dies carry into a new catalog, the bundle is usually retired). Here’s a look at the gorgeous Gather Together Bundle:
- Gilded Autumn Specialty. The Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper is a gorgeous pack of Fall-themed papers. I adore the colors and patterns in this pack of papers – Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron and shiny foils are set against browns in this pack of papers. I chose to showcase the browns on my card today, featuring two patterns with Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper: You might think I added Early Espresso speckles to a piece of Crumb Cake for an artistically beautiful backdrop on this card – but no. This panel is pulled right from the Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper:
- Layer Measurements. The layers on this card are super-simple, but I love them so. Here are the measurements, starting with the base of the card and working my way up to the sentiment:
- Crumb Cake – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Early Espresso – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Thick Whisper White – Tailored Label Punch
Stamp Sets: Jar of Flowers, Gather Together Papers: Gilded Autumn Specialty Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White Inks: Early Espresso Accessories: Tailored Tag Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PSYW4PPY – when prompted. Thank you!