Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s December Blog Hop! During this year’s blog hops, we are enjoying a year of celebrations. This month’s projects celebrate New Year’s Day, a special day to start anew and prepare for the coming year. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Your Best Year Yet
We can all agree that we will be happy to turn the page on 2020 and move on to 2021. No one can confidently say 2021 will be better, but we have to believe it will be better than the year we’ve all just experienced. This year’s New Year’s Eve celebration will be like none other (lots to celebrate from home or in very small groups). When I think about New Year’s Day, I think of formal parties in tuxedos and flowing ball gowns. I’ve never been to such a fancy party (I’m not THAT cool), so I wanted to make a card with the formality of a fancy party and a little bit of fun. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Strike Up the [Detailed] Bands. The card I’m sharing today is not the card I set out to create. I started with the formal backdrop from the Detailed Bands Dies, available in Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog. How gorgeous is that cutout? Here’s a closer look at this amazing set of dies:While the black background is a standout on this card, I layered my card with three dies from this set. Here’s a closer look: The background band is cropped from Basic Black, the next layer is cropped from Blushing Bride and the top layer is cropped from Basic Black. I tried several color combinations – and knew I had it when I reached this one.
- Best Year. I considered a variety of sentiments for this card, but I went with a sentiment you are likely to see in other projects during the blog hop. “Wishing you your best year yet” is a great sentiment in the Best Year stamp set, which features great sentiments to be used all during the year. Here’s a look at the wonderful sentiments in this set:The new year sentiment fit perfectly inside the oval from the Detailed Bands Dies – it’s almost like the dies were designed for this set, right? Here are some of the other sentiments I was considering (each has its own merits):
- “Hope this new year is filled with promises of many bright tomorrows.” from A Wish for Everything
- “Adventure awaits!” from Beautiful World
- “Hello beautiful” from Butterfly Gala (this was my cheeky choice as we welcome the new year)
- Color Combination. I don’t often play with pink, but it’s the “playful” in my otherwise “formal” celebration. Blushing Bride is so formal (think weddings), while Flirty Flamingo is so casual-fun (think quinceañeras). Together, they are unexpected magic. If you like this mix of Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo and Basic Black as much as I do, I please save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Best Year Papers: Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Vellum Cardstock Inks: VersaMark Accessories: Detailed Bands Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
Here are links to the products I used on today’s project: