It’s fun to make and share “just saying hi” cards – especially in these times we are living in. While some of us are starting to get out a little bit to see people outside of our households, not everyone is heading out into the world just yet. Peekaboo! This sweet pig is just popping in to say, “HELLO” – how sweet is she?! Here’s my card:
The focal panel on my card is inspired by the FabFriday sketch that goes live today. It might not be immediately evident, but the inspiration is there. Here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Two New. This sweet big is peeking over two bold words to greet the recipient with a smile. Both the piggie and sentiment are stamped with two stamp sets that are new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2021 Annual Catalog. These stamp sets weren’t designed to work together, but I think they are perfect together. 🙂 Here’s a look at the incredible Biggest Wish photopolymer stamp set, one of my favorites in the new catalog: And here’s a look at the adorable collection of farm animals in the Peekaboo Farm photopolymer stamp set that are designed to peek over the stone wall in this stamp set – there’s a llama, a horse, a sheep, a pig, a cow and a songbird:
- A Creative Fix. When stamping my pig, I had the brilliant idea of stamping the pig with Flirty Flamingo ink and coloring her with the Light Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends Marker. The two colors were so similar that the pinks were hardly distinguishable. What to do?! Before I tossed the focal panel of my card to start over, I tied another approach (what did I have to lose?) – I stamped the outline of the pig with Memento Ink over the stamped and colored pig. Voila! That saved it! Here’s a closer look at this sweetie:I gave the pig a stylish Daffodil Delight flower as a fun accent for the fun swine. The bright yellow flower ties with the background panel of Daffodil Delight from the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper (one of several papers included in Stampin’ Up!’s current 15% off sale). Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper: To see all of the papers that are currently on sale, CLICK HERE.
- Color Combination. While there’s more Daffodil Delight on this card than any other color, it’s the trio of pink, green and blue that really set the tone for this sweet greeting. If you like this mix of Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz and Balmy Blue as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Biggest Wish, Peekaboo Farm Papers: Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Thick Basic White Inks: Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Flirty Flamingo, Petal Pink, Smoky Slate Accessories: Pierced Blooms Dies, Pearl Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge blog to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Designer Series Paper Sale
Between now and August 2, Stampin’ Up! is offering 15% off select Designer Series Papers. What a wonderful opportunity to pick up some new papers or stock up on some favorites!
- CLICK HERE to download the flyer for the sale that showcases all of the Designer Series Papers that are included in this sale.
- CLICK HERE to see these discounted Designer Series Paper in my online store.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – X7C4AUU3 – when prompted. Thank you!