Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start planning your trips to the beach, the lake or the in-town aquarium. Today we’re sharing projects inspired by the ocean and sea – we are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
A Little Paradise
I love mixing and matching products that aren’t designed to coordinate with one another but look great together. My underwater fantasy was created with a stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2021 Annual Catalog, a stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s January – June 2022 Mini Catalog and two dies (one retiring soon and one from the upcoming 2022 Annual Catalog). Here’s a look at my Ocean & Sea card:
The regal sea horse on this card is cropped with the Sea Life Dies, part of the Seascape Bundle, which will soon be retiring from Stampin’ Up!’s 2021 Annual Catalog (the bundle will be gone on May 2 or as soon as supplies run out):
The sea horse can be cut from a panel of paper (as shown in the product image above). With just a few snips around the edges, though, he can be freed of the panel and showcased as a standalone image. What fun!
Here’s how I created the background on my underwater card:
- I cropped three 5″ x 1-1/4″ panels from gorgeous aqua colors: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party and glued them together on a piece of scrap paper.
- I inked up the two circles from the Watercolor Shapes stamp set with White Craft Stampin’ Pad and stamped all over the panel. Craft ink can be a bit messy, but just look at the effect!
- I framed the 5″ x 3-3/4″ panel with a panel of 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″ panel of Night of Navy and a 5-1/4″ x 4″ panel of Basic White.
Here’s a look at the Watercolor Shapes stamp set that was used to create the bubbles on my card:
The sentiment on my card is stamped with Night of Navy ink with a sentiment from the Paradise Palms stamp set (links to this carrying-forward stamp set are provided at the base of this post) – perfect for this card, don’t you think? The sentiment is cropped with a die from the Stylish Shapes Dies, new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2022 Annual Catalog. This is going to be a must-have set of dies! I added Opal Rounds embellishments to continue building the bubbly underwater scene.
I love Stampin’ Up!’s blues, but this trio of aqua blues makes me very happy. If you like the mix of Pool Party, Coastal Cabana and Pool Party as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Paradise Palms, Watercolor Shapes Papers: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy, Thick Basic White Inks: Night of Navy, White Craft Ink Accessories: Sea Life Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Opal Rounds, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spot
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
Here are links to the products I used on today’s project: