Welcome to the March Pals Blog Hop where we are celebrating Spring. This month we are featuring Spring-related projects for Mother’s Day, Easter or any other occasion that celebrates the end of Winter.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Beth McCullough at Stampin’ Mom on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
Fry Box Easter Baskets
I don’t typically make 3-D projects, but I’ve shared several projects with the Fry Box Bigz L die. In each project, the die makes a fry box – dress it up or dress it down, it’s still a fry box. Today’s project was inspired by Valerie Moody, a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in Warwickshire, England. Her gorgeous project turned the fry box into a beautiful Christmas bag (see Valerie’s video tutorial here). I thought Easter would be a great time to recreate this adorable box. Here’s my Fry Box Easter Basket:
I heat embossed these adorable chicks from For Peeps’ Sake with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder before assembling the box. They are a perfect accent for the front of this bag, don’t you think?
I created the tag with the From the Garden stamp set and coordinating Framelits. The tag is stamped with the image that looks like a garden spike – I stamped the sentiment upside down on the spike, used my bone folder to curl the slender spike, wrapped it around the handle of the basket and adhered it with a glue dot. I learned that fun trick during a Main Stage presentation at this year’s Leadership Conference.
I assembled these adorable baskets in five pastel colors: Wisteria Wonder, So Saffron, Pool Party, Blushing Bride and Pistachio Pudding. I added a little pop of coordinating color to each basket with a flower punch from Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I lined them all up for an afternoon photo shoot:
I mean, seriously! How cute are these things? I filled them with Easter grass, which is right up there with glitter on my “no, thank you” list. I rolled my eyes and gritted my teeth with every tug of grass from the bag it came in. I hovered over the trash can to make sure that stuff didn’t make its way to the Fungeon floor.
Stamp Sets: For Peeps’ Sake, From the Garden Papers: Wisteria Wonder, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron, Pool Party, Blushing Bride Inks: Wisteria Wonder, Pistachio Pudding Accessories: Fry Box Bigz L Die, Large Oval punch, Handpicked Framelits Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Pearls Basic Jewels, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The next stop on the Pals Blog Hop is Susan Itell at Simple Stampin. Thanks for visiting, and I hope to see you next month.
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Natalie Bradley at Soiree by Natalie Bradley
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Blog
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Benjaman Turner at He Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping with Avery’s Owlery
- Liz Gautreaux at Kind Deeds Stampin
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You!
- September Gray at septembergray.com
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Becky Volpp at inkblossomwithbecky.com
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian