Lately I’ve been eyeballing two of pages from the Modern Medley Designer Series Paper. The pages with newsprint on them really appeal to me for two principal reasons:
- The print on the pages (you know I read this stuff) is from The State, a newspaper in South Carolina. The print mentions Clinton, Fountain Inn and Greenville – all cities in South Carolina. It even mentioned Clemson College. I was raised in South Carolina, so it’s pretty cool to see these mentioned. More specifically, my brother and his family live in Fountain Inn, so that’s really cool.
- The print on the pages are negative images of one another – it’s the same print on both pages where one is Very Vanilla with Basic Black print and the other is Basic Black with Very Vanilla print. More on this later.
Tips, Tricks and Reminders:
- Why, So Negative! As I mentioned above (I assume you read all of my blog entry), the newsprint papers from Modern Medley are negative images of one another. I carefully trimmed the pieces so the Vanilla-based one would be positioned perfectly over the Black-based one. As you can see, the pieces are aligned such that the words flow continuously.
- Color Scheme. This card is a spin on the old “black and white and red all over” joke. Who doesn’t love black and white with a little punch of red. Instead of red, though, I chose to let Strawberry Slush shine here. True to my “rule of threes,” Strawberry Slush appears in the banner, on the flower and in the sentiment. That’s all you get!
- Card Base. I generally create cards with a solid cardstock base. Every once in a while, though, I’ll allow Very Vanilla or Whisper White to carry the card. Because this card is covered with Designer Series Paper (the only 80 pound cardstock is in the single Strawberry Slush banner that drops from the top fold), there’s not a lot of weight on the card front. Bonus to using Very Vanilla as the card base here? The inside is ready to write on – no additional cropping and gluing to get a piece I can write on. Yippee!
Stamp Sets: Regarding Dahlias Inks: Strawberry Slush Papers: Modern Medley Designer Series Paper, Very Vanilla, Strawberry Slush Accessories: Extra-Large Oval punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!