This week’s FabFriday Color Challenge pays homage to the 2013-2015 In Colors – all of these gorgeous colors are retiring and won’t be available in the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog.
I’m always excited for the reveal of the new In Colors. While I’m sad to see these five colors disappear (it feels like they just showed up on my doorstep), my joy for the new colors outweighs my sadness at the loss of the old. Yay for new colors!!! Doh! This is supposed to be an homage to the retiring In Colors – maybe I should turn my focus back to them…
Here’s my card:
And here’s the Fab Friday challenge banner that inspired my project:
- Band of Twine. I might have lost my mind a bit when I set out to create a thick band of Thick Baker’s Twine on this card. Turns out, though, I enjoyed every moment of the process! I taped a piece of twine on the back of this card front (Whisper White layered on Strawberry Slush for added thickness), wrapped it around a few times and then taped it down again. Super easy! I varied the number of bands, reducing as I made my way from the center. The pattern was fun to create – and I do love the Thick Baker’s Twine.
- Really Good Greetings. I love this sentiment – “I Miss You Already” from Really Good Greetings. It wasn’t the one I was originally reaching for, but it really makes a lot of sense here. Not only will I miss the 2013-2015 In Colors, but I will miss this stamp set when it retires at the end of this month.
- Shiny Heart. The “I Miss You Already” sentiment comes with a tiny heart (how appropriate) built in to the “O”. I upped the ante on that one by adding a shiny heart (although you can’t see its shininess in this photo) from the 2013-2015 In Color Sequins Assortment. What fun!
Stamp Sets: Really Good Greetings Papers: Baked Brown Sugar, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White Inks: Strawberry Slush Accessories: Ovals Collection Framelits, 2013-2015 In Color Thick Baker’s Twine, 2013-2015 In Color Sequins Assortment, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Fab Friday Challenge see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. I have announced my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & OUT WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.