I know Mother’s Day is just around the corner, but I couldn’t resist making this beautiful, but masculine, Father’s Day card with my stamp group. Masculine cards can FEEL difficult, but creating them is not the worst thing on Earth. People who answer their phones in movie theaters – THEY are the worst. There’s no comparison. Here’s the card I made with my group:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Beautiful Texture. When the Occasions Catalog was revealed in January, some people turned their noses up at the papers in the Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack. With it’s photograph-clear photos of rocks and trees, some didn’t see the connection to card making. Are you one of those people? If so, you might be missing out on the gorgeous, masculine patterns that grace the other sides of the photograph-clear photos. Stripes, plaids and houndstooths (or is it houndsteeth?) – all perfect for gorgeous cards.
- Punch-then-Stamp or Stamp-then-Punch. I have always taught my stampers to stamp an image before punching it out. It’s just the order of things in this world. Our punches are build to just crop the stamped image perfectly. In this case, though, I allowed my group to punch the circle before stamping it – if they really wanted to challenge old rules. Why? The photopolymer is super-easy to line up (it’s completely see-though), so why not be whimsical and carefree when using them. Rules? Out the window – for now.
- Color Combination. This is a color combination I’ve used several times before – and I love it! Early Espress is perfectly brown (typical masculine color), but the blue and yellow from Island Indigo and Crushed Curry help to lighten things up a bit – no all-brown, masculine card from me. If you like this color combination, too, please feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: Guy Greetings Papers: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Island Indigo, Adventure Bound Designer Series Paper Stack, Whisper White Inks: Early Espresso, Island Indigo Accessories: 2-1/2″ Circle punch, Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I covered the flap of a Whisper White envelope with another print from the Designer Series Paper stack that coordinates with the color combination I used:
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. Time is running out for you to join my Spring One-for-One Swap. If you haven’t participated in one of these, NOW is the time. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & OUT WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.