This week’s Paper Players Challenge is focused on transportation. As soon as I read Sandy’s theme challenge, I knew I’d be showcasing Traveler, a stamp set that was new in Stampin’ Up!’s 2014-2015 Annual Catalog. It’s not brand new to Stampin’ Up!, but it’s brand new to me – after seeing that the set would carry over into the 2015-2016 Annual Catalog, I finally broke down and ordered it. Here’s my card:
And here’s Sandy Mathis’ Paper Players challenge banner that inspired my project:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Clean and Vintage. I’ve never been able to pull off a vintage card – I tried once, and it looked like something you’d find in a gutter behind a bar (see that disaster here). Clean projects are in my wheelhouse, so I embrace them wholeheartedly. While this Traveler set appears made for a vintage project, I think I’ve pulled the locomotive into a clean, simple project. Stamped in Crumb Cake, the image seems to step backstage a bit so the gorgeous sentiment can shine.
- Accents in White. While I love both Very Vanilla and Whisper White, it’s the Whisper White here that really helps this card to pop. Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake pair so nicely together for a smooth, earthy look, but the thin layers of white frame the central image perfectly. The white brightens everything – and I love that, especially when I’m sending wishes right at ya!
- So Square. I do love a square card – they are the easiest projects to layer. This one starts at 4-1/4″ – and then six smaller squares complete the look. That’s seven layered squares with just two images stamped. I love to play around with the sizes of the layers to reach the right balance of color and borders – it’s so square. 🙂 If you missed my video about framing an image with borders, please see it here.
Stamp Sets: Traveler, Butterfly Basics Papers: Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Inks: Crumb Cake, Mossy Meadow Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensional
I hope you’ll pop over to The Paper Players Challenge Site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Spring One-for-One Swap. If you wanted to participate in my Spring One-for-One Card Swap, now’s the time to get your project in the mail – they are due to me by the end of this week. The ones I’ve received so far are really gorgeous, so you don’t want to miss out. It’s a great way to share your work with others and receive a beautiful card in return. I’ll even share the projects on my blog – you don’t want to miss out on this! There’s not a lot of time to mail your card to me, so start preparing your beauty. 🙂 For more information about this swap, please check out this post.
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring Items List, I’m sharing my very own promotion from now until the middle of May.
When you spend at least $50 with me, I’ll send you:
- A PRINTED COPY OF THE 2015-2016 ANNUAL CATALOG and
- FREE PRODUCT FROM THE UPCOMING ANNUAL CATALOG*. I’ll send you my favorite new accessory from the soon-to-be-released catalog when it’s released in June. While I haven’t seen the new catalog and can’t tell you what that item will be, I can tell you it’ll be something I love valued at $4-$6.