Yesterday I shared a card that features a Faux Textured Embossing Technique. The card looks like it was run through my Big Shot with a fun, floral Textured Impressions Embossing Folder – but not such folder exists. If you missed yesterday’s post, you can see it here. After today’s video, I’m sharing the measurements on this fun card – I know how much you like that.
Rather than just share a video about the Faux Textured Embossing Technique, I thought it would be fun to let Mom share it with you since she was already working on a card for my nephew – you’ll get to see her finished card tomorrow. I hope you enjoy her video:
If you really want the shapes to look 100% embossed
- Flatten it. You can run the layer through the Big Shot (with clean cutting plates to avoid scratching the card base). This will flatten the layer a bit and really cause the images to “soak into the background.” The curly edges of this Pansy Punch would look far more embossed if I flattened them a bit, but I like how they came out.
- Glue them down. Make sure every edge is glued down so you don’t have any edges popping up.
What punches or dies do you have that would be great in the background of a card? How can you create a faux embossed look on your projects?
Measurements for Yesterday’s Card. As promised in yesterday’s post, I’m sharing the measurements for the “Your Fabulous” card I shared yesterday. First, here’s a peak at yesterday’s card:
- Layer 1 – Crumb Cake – 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Layer 2 – Soft Suede – 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Layer 3 – Crumb Cake – 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- Layer 4 – Pear Pizzazz – 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Layer 5 – Soft Suede – Deco Labels Framelits
- Layer 6 – Whisper White – Deco Labels Framelits
Mom’s Finished Card Tomorrow. As Mom mentioned in the video, she finished off the card base she created with the faux texture embossed stars in the video. She’ll be sharing that card tomorrow – be sure to come back.
More from Mom. If you missed Mom’s first video about the Banner Triple Punch, you really missed out. If you want to see it, click here.
Thanks for stopping by today!