There’s so much to celebrate with today’s project – not only am I sharing a sneak peek at a wonderful, new stamp set from Sale-a-Bration, but I’m helping to celebrate the 100th challenge form the Can You Case It Design Challenge. What an amazing accomplishment! Today’s card features Hello (my favorite stamp set from 2016 Sale-a-Bration) and It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack (a wonderful, new stack of papers from the 2016 Occasions Catalog). Here’s my card:
And here’s Eva Bussom’s brilliantly simple sketch that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Hello Stamp Set. Hands down, Hello is my favorite stamp set from 2016 Sale-a-Bration. I feel like a broken record sometimes when I tell you how much I love to pair a beautiful script with an incredible print. This set has both – along with a couple of fun images that pair well with the sentiments. This stamp set is one of a few Sale-a-Bration items that won’t be available throughout Sale-a-Bration – the set is only available from January 5 through February 15 with a $50 order. You won’t want to miss this one.
- Colors for Boys. I’ve said it over-and-over – you don’t have to remove beautiful colors from cards for men. Colors make things interesting and appealing. While this card features somewhat-muted colors (Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand), it still boasts pink and yellow balloons. Don’t be afraid that a boy will burn the card because there are pink balloons – just make sure the card comes with a gift or money. 🙂 Here are the principal colors I used in this card:
- Layer Measurements. I don’t always measure out the layers on my cards, but it’s getting close to Christmas, so I’m filled with the spirit to share. 🙂 Here are the layer measurements, starting with the outside and working my way toward the middle:
- Mint Macaron – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Sahara Sand – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Sahara Sand – 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Mint Macaron – 2-3/4″ x 4″
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack (base of top panel) – 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Sahara Sand (banner) – 3-1/2″ x 1/2″
Stamp Sets: Hello (2016 Sale-a-Bration) Papers: It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
The Can You Case It Design Team orchestrated a blog hop to celebrate their 100th challenge – I hope you’ll pop over to their challenge site to see their awesome projects and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
What is Sale-a-Bration? Do you want to learn more about the huge benefits of the upcoming Sale-a-Bration sales event? I’ve created a blog page to explain it all – click here to learn more.
Weekly Deals. Stampin’ Up! released this week’s Weekly Deals today – some of your favorite products at a discount for one week only (or while supplies last). To check out this week’s deals, click here.
Year-end Sale. There are still lots of great products available at huge discounts in Stampin’ Up!’s Year-end Sale. To see what’s on sale, click here.