There’s so much to celebrate with today’s project – not only am I sharing a sneak peek at a wonderful, new stamp set from Sale-a-Bration, but I’m helping to celebrate the 100th challenge form the Can You Case It Design Challenge. What an amazing accomplishment! Today’s card features Hello (my favorite stamp set from 2016 Sale-a-Bration) and It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack (a wonderful, new stack of papers from the 2016 Occasions Catalog). Here’s my card:
And here’s Eva Bussom’s brilliantly simple sketch that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Hello Stamp Set. Hands down, Hello is my favorite stamp set from 2016 Sale-a-Bration. I feel like a broken record sometimes when I tell you how much I love to pair a beautiful script with an incredible print. This set has both – along with a couple of fun images that pair well with the sentiments. This stamp set is one of a few Sale-a-Bration items that won’t be available throughout Sale-a-Bration – the set is only available from January 5 through February 15 with a $50 order. You won’t want to miss this one.
- Colors for Boys. I’ve said it over-and-over – you don’t have to remove beautiful colors from cards for men. Colors make things interesting and appealing. While this card features somewhat-muted colors (Mint Macaron and Sahara Sand), it still boasts pink and yellow balloons. Don’t be afraid that a boy will burn the card because there are pink balloons – just make sure the card comes with a gift or money. 🙂 Here are the principal colors I used in this card:
- Layer Measurements. I don’t always measure out the layers on my cards, but it’s getting close to Christmas, so I’m filled with the spirit to share. 🙂 Here are the layer measurements, starting with the outside and working my way toward the middle:
- Mint Macaron – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Sahara Sand – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Sahara Sand – 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Mint Macaron – 2-3/4″ x 4″
- It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack (base of top panel) – 2-3/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Sahara Sand (banner) – 3-1/2″ x 1/2″
Stamp Sets: Hello (2016 Sale-a-Bration) Papers: It’s My Party Designer Series Paper Stack, Mint Macaron, Sahara Sand Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Hexagon punch (for banner tips), Stampin’ Dimensionals
The Can You Case It Design Team orchestrated a blog hop to celebrate their 100th challenge – I hope you’ll pop over to their challenge site to see their awesome projects and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
What is Sale-a-Bration? Do you want to learn more about the huge benefits of the upcoming Sale-a-Bration sales event? I’ve created a blog page to explain it all – click here to learn more.
Weekly Deals. Stampin’ Up! released this week’s Weekly Deals today – some of your favorite products at a discount for one week only (or while supplies last). To check out this week’s deals, click here.
Year-end Sale. There are still lots of great products available at huge discounts in Stampin’ Up!’s Year-end Sale. To see what’s on sale, click here.
Great card! Thanks for the measurements too!
Brian, I am so grateful for all of the support you’ve given to CYCI, yer the best!!! Thanks and lots of love, Eva
Perfectly executed! Love the contrast of the bold Hello and the tiny layer.
Hey YOU are the birthday boy this month! What a wonderful card! So clean and graphically cool!
Love the card, Brian! Again, I’m uncharacteristically drawn to the balloons, but they are SO adorable. I think my favorite concept on the card has to be the subtle mixing of prints–I really love to find a combination I can use again and again. I will be CASEing!
Great card. I love that stamp set. Thank you.
So appreciate the measurements. Thank you”
I mean really, what is a birthday without balloons! Great card from a great designer.
I love a mans perspective on card making and colors..I am always asking for my husbands opinion!
Every time you provide measurements, that card gets Pinned & CASED (with homage to you of course)! Thank you so much for all your inspiration this year!
Thanks for posting your latest birthday card, my group is always looking for something a little different. Also, Happy Birthday (I saw Miss Mary said this was your birthday month, too.)
So clean……so crisp…..so perfect!
Pingback: Botanicals for You – A 2016 Sale-a-Bration Sneak Peek – STAMP WITH BRIAN
Brian, I LOVE this card with the Balloon Designer Series Paper and the simplicity. Great Birthday Boy card! Thanks for playing along with CYCI? as we celebrate our 100th Challenge. ~Pam DT
Such a clean and stunning card, Brian! Love it! I love the simplicity of the card and the choice of colours, even the hints of pink for a boy! Thanks for playing along and joining in the 100th Challenge Celebration at Can You Case It? Rochelle xo
Brian, Such a great card! Fun and cute for a birthday boy! Love it! Thanks for joining CYCI 100th challenge! Laura
wow! such a fun a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Can You Case It?
Your style is so clean, I love it! I want to just reach out and pet this card! (that sounds awful naughty) but its true! Clean cards like this just make me so happy, I just need to touch it! Great job on the colors, thank you so much for sharing your creativity!