Pool Party and Island Indigo – the names of these two gorgeous aqua blues sound perfect for summertime, right? Who doesn’t love a refreshing swim in the pool or a relaxing getaway to the islands? Truth is…these colors are amazing together all year long and for almost any occasion. Perhaps that’s why Windy Ellard picked them for this week’s Pals Paper Arts color challenge – she’s a smart one. Here’s my card that features Pool Party, Island Indigo and Whisper White:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Sympathy in Blues. My card is about as far away from summer festivities as you can get. The calming feel of these colors together gave me the perfect opportunity to showcase Strength & Prayers, a new sympathy set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog. How gorgeous is this thick-sketched dove? There are so many ways to dress him up and make him shine – I only had to add a little color to get him right where I wanted him. This dove is perfect for sympathy, thinking of you and Christmas cards.
- Splitting the Sweet Sentiment. Better Together is a great, new stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog with wonderful all-occasion sentiments for the front and inside of your cards. Not only do I love the font of this sympathy sentiment from Better Together, but I also love the beautiful saying. I used both of these gorgeous sentiments from Better Together on the front of my card. I split the “with” and “sympathy” on the card front because I wanted to balance out the beautiful dove on the cardfront. You can see my video about MASKING TECHNIQUE here.
- Stamp, Stamp, Emboss, Paint, Smile. This dove looks deceivingly simple. There were several steps I took to create him, though. While I could have stamped him in Island Indigo and painted him with Pool Party, the colors would have harshly run together, so…here are the steps I took:
- I used my MISTI (stamp positioning tool) to stamp the dove in Island Indigo.
- I cleaned my stamp without removing it from the MISTI.
- I stamped the dove in VersaMark right on top of the Island Indigo.
- I sprinkled it with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it with my heat tool. Look how shiny it is:
- I lightly watercolored the inside of the dove with Pool Party and my AquaPainter.
- I sat back and smiled.
- I shared it with you.
Stamp Sets: Strength & Prayers, Better Together Papers: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White Inks: Island Indigo, Pool Party, VersaMark Accessories: AquaPainter, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Pals Paper Arts site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with Windy’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Trying to Narrow Down Your Wish List? I’ve shared two days of My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog. Perhaps my lists can help you narrow down your choices? You can check them out here and here.
Do you like free stamps? You’ll earn two from stamp sets when you buy Stampin’ Up!’s Starter Kit in June. What a great way to check off your wish list of the items you already want! Click on the picture below to read more about this awesome promotion.
Earn $35 Additional Stampin’ Rewards in June. Yippee! With qualifying orders of $35o or more, you can earn an additional $35 of Stampin’ Rewards to spend on whatever you want. Click on the picture below to read more about this great promotion.