Linda Callahan is hosting this week’s Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge, and I couldn’t have been more excited to break open my Foxy Friends bundle (this is the first time I’ve used this super-cool bundle) to make a fun and festive Christmas card. I decided a holly-festooned racoon would be adorable. Here’s my card:
And here’s Linda’s sketch that inspired my card:
- Foxy Friends. Foxy Friends is Stampin’ Up!’s bundle of choice if you really want to get creative and make furry friends of all sorts. The Annual Catalog features a fox, a deer, a raccoon and a cat. There are so many more options – a skunk, a mouse, a rabbit, a koala. Just look at all the little pieces to see if you can create something super-fun with this bundle:
- Snow Place, Perfect Pines, Flurry of Wishes. While all of the images on this card come together cohesively (I think each element looks like it comes from the same bundle), there are several different products in play. Here’s a quick rundown of the elements in this card:
- The Foxy Friends bundle (the racoon and the coordinating punch) are pretty easy to spot. The tree comes from the same stamp set.
- The tree is cropped with a coordinating Framelit from the Perfect Pines Framelits Dies, which also coordinate with the Peaceful Pines stamp set.
- The sentiment on this card is featured in Flurry of Wishes, a snowflake set that’s filled with gorgeous winter-themed images.
- You’d reach for Snow Place stamp set and the coordinating Snow Friends Framelits Dies if you wanted to create that little pop of holly on the raccoon’s head.
- The soft background of bold stripes is found in A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack.
- Christmas Colors. There are so many great combinations of green and red available to us. I love the way the richness of Emerald Envy plays with the brightness of Real Red. What a gorgeous combination for the Christmas holidays. The two are tempered with so much Smoky Slate on this card – it really helps to tone down the two traditional colors. If you like this combination, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Foxy Friends, Snow Place, Flurry of Wishes Papers: A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper Stack, Smoky Slate, Emerald Envy, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Smoky Slate, Archival Basic Gray, Archival Basic Black, Stampin’ Write Markers (Real Red, Emerald Envy) Accessories: Fox Builder Punch, Perfect Pines Framelits Dies, Snow Friends Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
More Foxy Friends Inspiration. Want to see more inspiration for great ways to use the Foxy Friends bundle? My searches kept bringing me back to the amazing creations by Lysette van Eekelen, a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator in The Netherlands. Look all of these fun options:
There are so many more creatures she’s created with this punch, including zoo animals, farm animals and Pokemon characters. To see more inspiration, check out Lysette’s blog here.
I hope you’ll pop over to the Pals Paper Arts site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Thoughtful Branches. For a limited time (August 2 – August 31), customers can now order the AMAZING Thoughtful Branches bundle – if you don’t have it yet, you definitely want it. To read more about this incredible, new bundle, CLICK HERE.
2016 World Card Making Day Event – November 4 (Friday before On Stage in Atlanta). For the fourth year in a row, Pam Morris and I are hosting a World Card Making Day in Atlanta for our demonstrator friends. This year, we are hosting the amazing event on November 4 (a month after World Card Making Day) to coordinate with the Stampin’ Up!-sponsored event that will be there the following day. We’d love for you to join us! To read more about the event and register, CLICK HERE.