Woo hoo! Before I share this week’s card for CAS(E) This Sketch, I want to thank the design team for that amazing challenge for selecting my card as the winner – not just a favorite, but the winner – for last week’s challenge. If you missed that project, you can see it here. I’m honored to be selected by this team – this is a group of incredible artists, and there are so many great projects entered into their challenge each week. I play for fun and inspiration, but it’s always a thrill to be chosen. Thanks, CAS(E) This Sketch Team!
Wow! The sketch by Chrissy Larson for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge immediately gets the creative juices flowing. What a fun layout of patterns – and the design team cards show the variety of cards that can be made with this layout. There was no way I could let this challenge pass me by. I used this fun pattern to create a sweet card for Fall. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for Chrissy’s challenge that inspired my card:
- Petals & Paisleys. I’m stunned by how wonderful Soft Suede, Mint Macaron and Cajun Craze look together. I pulled them right out of the pages of the Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Papers – I can’t say I would have ever arrived at this beautiful combination of colors on my own. The tiny patterns of the squares I layered into my card pull these colors together perfectly. I shared this image with you my post yesterday, but this is a good time to share it again:
- Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies. When Stampin’ Up!’s Annual Catalog was released this summer, Valentine’s Day was the farthest holiday from our thoughts. Many people overlooked the hearts, making a note to themselves to pick those up in January. Good news! Hearts- both sweet and sassy – can be used year-round. This heart is cropped with Cajun Craze – it’s not a red you’d usually use for Valentine’s Day, but the warmth of this clay color is perfect for showing your love outside of February.
- Square Sizes. I love the random layering of squares that serves as the inspiration for this week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge. I cleaned up the layers a bit, creating a pattern with six layers of cardstock. Thought I’d share the sizes of each in case you want to recreate this pattern. Here are the layers (from the bottom square, moving up):
- Soft Suede – 2-3/4″
- Mint Macaron – 2-1/2″
- Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP – 2-1/4″
- Soft Suede – 1-3/4″
- Mint Macaron – 1-1/2″
- Petals & Paisleys Specialty DSP – 1-1/4″
Stamp Sets: Acorny Thank You Papers: Petals & Paisleys Specialty Designer Series Paper, Soft Suede, Mint Macaron, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla Inks: Cajun Craze Accessories: Sweet & Sassy Framelits Dies (heart), Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!