A group of talented Stampin’ Up! demonstrators have orchestrated a monthly blog hop to showcase fun projects with amazing products. I’m excited to be a guest in this month’s Blogging Friends Blog Hop. What fun! The theme for this month’s Stamping Friends Blog Hop covers three remaining holidays this year – Christmas, Hanukkah and New Year’s.
Happy New Year!
I decided to give my It’s a Celebration stamp set an initial inking to make a Happy New Year Card – my first New Year’s card of the season. I also reached for the Large Numbers Framelits to make this card – what a great combination! Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- It’s a Celebration. To create the starbursts (that double as the lit end of a sparkler) and add the sentiments, I simply inked up my It’s a Celebration stamp set. While this set is designed for a New Year’s celebration, it’s perfect for birthdays and other joyous jubilees. I stamped the starbursts in varying intensities of Delightful Dijon by “stamping off” once, twice or three times on scrap paper before stamping onto the card panel of Whisper White. What fun!
The Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack gave me a fun backdrop for this card (also Delightful Dijon), and the “2017” is simply cropped from the Large Numbers Framelits Dies – these were on sale through Monday, so I hope you picked them up – because you need them. 🙂
- Dress Up the Envelope. To give the recipient of this fun, New Year’s card a foreshadowing of what’s inside the envelope, I dressed up the the envelope just a bit. While I often times cover the back flap of the envelope with a coordinating Designer Series Paper, I decided to stamp on the front of the envelope for a coordinated look. One large starburst and the “celebrate” sentiment from the stamp set gave me exactly what I wanted – now the recipient AND the mail carrier (and everyone in between) can enjoy the celebratory feel of the card.
- Color Combination. This year’s Holiday Catalog has evoked my love affair with Delightful Dijon. Prior to this season, I’d not really paid attention to the gold in the color and had only seen the mustard brown hues. When paired with Basic Black, Delightful Dijon takes on a different tone, don’t you think? If you like the color combination of this card, feel free to save this:
Stamp Sets: It’s a Celebration Papers: Serene Scenery, Basic Black, Delightful Dijon, Whisper White Inks: Delightful Dijon, Basic Black Accessories: Large Numbers Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll hop along to the next participant in the hop, Crystal Komara. If you get lost along the way, I’ve included a list of all the participants below.
Thanks for stopping by today!
You can click on the “continue on blog hop” banner above to visit the next blog in the hop (Crystal Komara), or you can click below. If you get lost along the way, you can always use the below list as a guide:
- Rick Adkins
- Brian King <–YOU ARE HERE
- Crystal Komara
- Anna Conetta Masciovecchio
- Anne Power
- Mary Blocher
- Danica Ferrante
- Jessica Mink
- Jodi Skrip Horsley
- Leanne Dillon Johnson
- Michelle Clarke
- Lorene Yoshimura-Tanigawa
- Mary Ann Rossiter
- Tammy Hibbit Gill
- Jenny Lane Gauthier