Laurie Schmidt is hosting a fun theme challenge at the Paper Players this week – and it’s my favorite kind of card to make. Laurie is challenging us to make a card that uses a sentiment as the focal point. How fun is that?! I chose “HELLO” from the Oh Happy Day Card Kit and “Sunshine” from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Die to create a happy, fun card that places all of its focus on the fun sentiment. Here’s my card:
- Sunshine Sayings Bundle. How bright and cheery is this card? While I love Crushed Curry and So Saffron and Delightful Dijon, no Stampin’ Up! yellow screams, “happy!” like Daffodil Delight. The beautiful font on the word “sunshine” from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies also screams, “happy!” There’s a lot of screaming on this simple card, huh? Geez. I’ve never regretted picking up this Sunshine Sayings Bundle from the Annual Catalog – so many great ways to showcase these dies and stamps. If you don’t have it, get it now and don’t look back – then you’ll scream, “happy!” 🙂
- Not Taking the Easy Way Out. I’ve not always been one to take the easy way out. I dreamed up this card and didn’t realize I could have made it easier until I was half done. Here’s what I didn’t do – I didn’t glue down a strip of Inside the Lines Designer Paper and then glue the sentiment on top. That would be so easy! Instead, I inlaid the sentiment and pieces of the Designer Series Paper. Here are the steps I took to create this inlaid sentiment:
- I cropped the “sunshine” sentiment with Basic Black cardstock, the Sunshine Wishes Thinlit and my Precision Base Plate.
- I lined up the same Thinlit along the top of a strip of Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper, careful to keep all the pieces that were cropped.
- I glued the strip of Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper to a panel of Daffodil Delight cardstock.
- I glued the Basic Black sentiment just inside the cropped panel from the black-and-white paper.
- With tweezers, I glued the little pieces back into the sentiment, including the inside pieces (like the inside of the “s”) and the above-the-sentiment pieces (like the little piece above the swoosh between the “u” and “n”.
- I smiled because that was fun.
- Inside the Lines – No Coloring. Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper is one of the amazing offerings in this year’s Sale-a-Bration catalog – you can choose this pack of paper as your free item with a $50 purchase. What fun! The papers were meant to be colors – and that’s all kinds of fun. My dear friend, Louise Sharp, made a gorgeous card a couple of weeks ago without coloring the paper. That’s when I realized how beautiful it could be when left alone. This detailed pattern looks great without the need to color it. Love!
Stamp Sets: Oh Happy Day Card Kit Papers: Inside the Lines Designer Series Paper, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Brights Designer Series Paper Stack (Daffodil Delight) Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Sunshine Wishes Thinlits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to The Paper Players site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
It’s Sale-a-Bration time! Between January 4 and March 31, you can earn exclusive Sale-a-Bration products with every $50 you spend on the products you already want. Does it get any better than that?!
To learn more about Sale-a-Bration and other ways you can win big during Sale-a-Bration, click here.
New Sale-a-Bration Options. Did you see the new Sale-a-Bration items? Three new options were released yesterday. What fun! Please CLICK HERE to see those new items.