It’s time for another Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop – yay! If you aren’t starting the hop here, then you probably just arrived from Australia where you visited with my awesomely talented friend, Louise Sharp at louisesharp.com. How awesome is she?! The Be Inspired Design Team is a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators from all over the world who are excited to share our projects with you. I’m honored to be a part of this group of talented stampers.
Today’s Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop features products from Stampin’ Up!’s Urban Underground Suite of products. These products are defined by their warm, earthy colors – Delightful Dijon, Basic Black, Basic Gray and Very Vanilla – and masculine themes. This is your must-have for Father’s Day. While I’ve used the gorgeous Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper for several “feminine” cards, I’m sharing a perfectly “masculine” card today. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sweet on Suite Sentiments. I’ve said it over and over…and I’m happy to say it again. My favorite stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Occasions Catalog is Suite Sentiments. I love beautiful, versatile stamp sets – and each of the sentiments in the Suite Sentiments stamp set is designed to pair with one of the bundles in the Occasions Catalog. The fonts, the themes, the styles pair with the bundles but can be used alone. The “Best. Guy. Ever.” sentiment works perfectly with this Urban Underground paper.
- Pop of Silver. I likely wouldn’t have paired silver with the other colors featured in this card were int not for the nudge from the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper. I’m always fine with taking suggestions from the products I am playing with. Here are the three item in this card that feature silver:
- Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper (#142783). This pack of paper comes with two single-sided pages that feature patterns with silver foil. While the pack is geared toward the Father’s Day market, many of these pages are perfect for cards for women, too.
- Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder (#109131). I embossed each of the three words in this stamp set by stamping with a juicy VersaMark pad, covering the sentiment with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder and heating it with my Heat Tool. Great shine!
- Silver Foil Sheets (#132178). The foil sheets come in handy for all kinds of projects. I used them here to tightly frame the panels on my card.
- Dark, Warm Colors. The combination of colors in the Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper is what first drew me to this beautiful pack of papers. Basic Black, Basic Gray and Delightful Dijon are wonderful together. Paired with silver foil and Very Vanilla, they are perfection. If you like this combination, too, feel free to save this for future reference:
I’m so glad you stopped by and hope you like my fun card. I also hope you’ll continue the Be Inspired Design Team Blog Hop to see more projects that I’m sure you’ll love. The next stop is my super-fun Canadian friend, Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp. Click on the banner below to continue through the hop:
Thanks for stopping by today!
In case you get off-track at any point during the hop, here’s a listing of all the participants in this hop:
- Louise Sharp
- Brian King
- Allison Okamitsu
- Kylie Bertucci
- Katy Harrison
- Maike Ulbrich
- Carolynn Sander
- Nadine Hößrich
- Sarah Berry
Stamp Sets: Suite Sentiments Papers: Urban Underground Specialty Designer Series Paper, Silver Foil Sheets, Delightful Dijon, Basic Black, Basic Gray Inks: VersaMark Accessories: Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals