When Stampin’ Up!’s Retiring List was first shared last month, I immediately began the act of purging. I started removing the retiring sets from my shelves for two reasons: (2) as a demonstrator, it’s not productive for me to actively market retired products that my customers can’t buy and (2) I needed to make room for all the amazing, new products that would soon arrive. While most went into boxes to sell on eBay starting June 1, there was a small handful of products (very small) that was moved to my “get the most out of these while they are still around” shelf. Cottage Greetings is one of those sets – I love it and will miss it. I decided to take it out for another ride with this week’s Global Design Project challenge. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Cottage Greetings. Cottage Greetings was first introduced two years ago with a coordinating kit – it was a popular kit (thanks, in part, to this super-fun sentiment set. I adore the script in these words and the rounded print in the coordinating sayings. Paired together, they are perfection. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up a band of sentiments across the bottom of the card and at an angle across the top. One of my words was off a bit, but it was then covered by a panel, so no one will ever know – except that I just told you. Dang! Anyway, if you haven’t already picked up Cottage Greetings, you should take another look:
- A Tiny Add-on. The sentiments made me so happy, but the focal panel needed a little accent above the sentiment to balance everything out a bit (to cover that small patch of white left at the top of the sentiment. I reached for my Stampin’ Write Markers and colored the stamp with Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide. I then carefully colored the inside of the flower with a Blender Pen, just pulling some of the ink from the image I just stamped down. I snipped out the little flower and glued it down with a glue dot, giving it a little bit of a lift for added dimension. Doesn’t this little flower look so sweet?
- Color Combination. I snagged this combination of three colors from the Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper (even thought this card has no Eastern influence in design or message. The combination is sophisticated and a little fun. If you like this combination of Fresh Fig, Dapper Denim and Tranquil Tide, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Cottage Greetings Papers: Eastern Palace Specialty Designer Series Paper, Dapper Denim, Tranquil Tide, Whisper White Inks: Dapper Denim, Tranquil Tide, Stampin’ Write Markers (Fresh Fig, Tranquil Tide) Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig, Blender Pens, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Before you go – I had a wonderful response to yesterday’s request that you sign up for my newsletter. I’m putting some finishing touches on the first edition of Brian’s Bulletin, and I don’t want you to miss out! If you didn’t sign up yesterday, please sign up today!
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ).
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite NOW! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.