This week’s Global Design Project theme is “Cooking, Baking and Making.” Projects can be just about anything – as long as it somehow relates to food. I didn’t have any goodies to wrap up, so I decided to make a birthday card that features a teeny-tiny cake (from the new Tabs for Everything stamp set) and a wonderful new sentiment (from Special Celebrations). I love this little cake – and I really love this sentiment. I paired them with a vibrant (albeit a bit unusual) color combination that I love. Here’s my card:
- Three New Products in Today’s Project. There are three new products showcased in today’s sweet-and-simple card. We received Tabs for Everything at OnStage in April – it coordinates with a new Circle Tab punch – perfect for labeling. I used the three stamps shown in the bottom, right corner of the below picture – the cake outline is stamped in Basic Black, the cake base is stamped in Flirty Flamingo, and the candle lights are stamped in Crushed Curry. How cute are these tiny images (Pam loves teeny tiny stamps): This card also showcase an awesome new sentiment stamp set called Special Celebrations. Each of the celebrations represented in this set has a perfect saying for the front of the card and for the inside of the card. Yay! I flipped them and put the birthday sentiment that’s designed for the inside on the front and the starter sentiment on the inside. Did you notice that I flipped them? They worked perfectly that way. This card also features two patterns from Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper – this is such a fun pack of papers with so many brilliant ways to showcase it. I used the Crushed Curry stripes and Crushed Curry dots:
- Painting the Designer Series Paper. The base panel of this card features a dotted piece of Crushed Curry Designer Series Paper. The printed paper has a Crushed Curry background with little black circles and slightly offset white centers. Such a fun pattern! I wanted to incorporate Flirty Flamingo into the paper, so I simply colored in a handful of the black circles with my Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Write Marker. Such an easy way to slightly alter this paper so that it gave me just what I wanted!
- An Unusual Pairing that Works. If it weren’t for this pack of paper, I don’t know that I ever would have paired Flirty Flamingo with Crushed Curry. The two are almost so diametrically opposed that they look wonderful together. This combination was a risk that paid off. If you like this combination, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Tabs for Everything, Special Celebrations Papers: Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Crushed Curry Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Brian’s Bulletin. I had a wonderful response to this weekend’s request that you sign up for my newsletter. Thanks! I’m putting some finishing touches on the first edition of Brian’s Bulletin, and I don’t want you to miss out! If you didn’t sign up yesterday, please sign up today!
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced this past week – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ).
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite NOW! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.