I’m not a big believer in “luck” – when you land a good job or reach an amazing milestone in life, there’s a big chance you earned it (rather than having it handed to you by sheer luck). At the same time, I feel so lucky that Mary King is my mom. I didn’t earn her – it was definitely a lucky gift to be raised by her. I am fortunate to be surrounded by lots of wonderful women in my life – and many of them are incredible mothers. As much as I respect and love them for the influence they have in the lives of their children, none can hold a candle to my Mom. My mother has endured a lot of pain and sacrifice for her children, and she’s always an amazing support for us. There’s no way we can ever repay her for all she’s done, but we try. Here’s a special card I made for my special mom:
How wonderful is this sentiment – “my world is brighter and more beautiful because of you” – from Paisleys & Posies photopolymer stamp set?! This set is carrying forward to Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. Yay!
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Large Letters Framelits Dies. The single most expensive (and oh-so-flexible) item in Stampin’ Up!’s 2016 Annual Catalog is the Letters for You bundle, which includes the Letters for You photopolymer stamp set and the coordinating Large Letters Framelits Die. The bundle, at 10% off, is valued at $133 – that seems like a lot, but you’ll reach for it all the time. Promise! If you’ve eyeballed this bundle (and I know you have), now’s a great time to treat yourself. It’s Mother’s Day, after all. While both the stamp set and coordinating Framelits are carrying over to the 2017 Annual Catalog, the bundled savings is not. I hereby give you permission to just click on the picture below, add this bundle to your shopping cart and treat yourself to something wonderful. Yay!
- Painting the Letters. I cropped these three letters with the Large Letters Framelits Dies on Thick Whisper White cardstock. After the letters were cropped, I used Archival Basic Gray ink to stamp the beautiful wild flowers from Touches of Texture over the letters. I used my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig to line up the flowers to fill the spaces on the letters. After the ink completely dried (I left it overnight, which was a bit of overkill, I know), I painted them with a Blender Pen and three classic ink pads – Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette and Pear Pizzazz. What a soft, sweet effect!
- Sweet Colors for Mom. Like me, my mom loves blues. She also likes soft and delicate flowers. I usually design projects with blue flowers for her, but I decided that soft pink flowers would be a nice change. I still used Softy Sky to accent the letters and the card base. These soft colors look great with Basic Gray, don’t you think? If you like this combination of colors, too, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Touches of Texture, Paisley & Posies Papers: Basic Gray, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Gray, Pink Pirouette, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz Accessories: Large Letters Framelits Dies, Blender Pens, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Whatever you are doing today and whether you are enjoying it with others, I hope your day is wonderful!
Thanks for stopping by today!
HERE ARE SOME OTHER WAYS TO TREAT YOURSELF TODAY:
Retiring List. Stampin’ Up!’s retiring list was announced last month – you can see all the items that will soon go away here:
IN WITH THE OLD & IN WITH THE NEW. In conjunction with the Retiring List, I’m excited to share my very own promotion from now until the middle of May. When you spend at least $50 with me and add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ), I’ll happily send you:
- A printed copy of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog (I send them to all of my current customers) AND
- A Free Product from the Upcoming Annual Catalog. I’ll send you an incredible, new accessory from the upcoming catalog when it’s released in June. While I can’t yet tell you what it is, I’ll tell you it’s valued at $5, and you’ll love it!
If your order is over $150, I hope you’ll use all of the Host Rewards you’ve earned. Otherwise, I’d love for you to add your order to the current Hostess Code (4E72JEAJ).
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! Stampin’ Up! is giving some great products an early release! Customers can now order select items from the Eastern Palace Suite NOW! There are two bundles being offered – and they are both AMAZING. I can’t see why you’d pass up the Premier Bundle with the Eastern Medallion Dies – they are incredible! To read more about this suite, CLICK HERE.