This week’s Theme Challenge at the Global Design Project features project “for him.” I love that. While most “for him” projects you see online include bold, brown images (cars, guitars, tools and landscapes), there are other ways to reach a man’s heart. My project features several of those things – food, humor and simplicity. Here’s my project:
- Food. By now, you’ve certainly noticed the Mini Pizza Boxes in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog, right? If you haven’t noticed yet, they are on page 44, and they are WONDERFUL! Not only will these boxes hold a set of 3″ x 3″ cards and envelopes, but they are food safe for treats. These are white chocolate, macadamia nut cookies. Yum! Here’s how I updated this sweet treat box:
- The boxes arrive flat and unfolded. Before folding the box, I cropped a circle in the top with the Circles Framelits Dies.
- With the same circle die, I cropped a circle in a piece of Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack and cropped around that with a larger scalloped die from the Circles Framelits Die.
- On the inside of the box, I carefully taped a piece of Window Sheet.
- I assembled the box.
- I grinned from ear to ear.
- Humor. There’s something so absolutely adorable about the Santa’s Suit Bundle in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog. All of Santa’s clothes – the hat, the coat, the mittens, the jumper – are included. It’s Santa in his back flap long johns, though, that makes me giggle. In the set, Santa is hanging his clothes on the line. On my project, he’s peeking into the “window” at the cookie inside. I stamped Santa on Shimmery White cardstock and added the solid stamp image with Pool Party. When the Archival Basic Black ink dried, I used a Blender Pen to add Powder Pink to Santa’s Skin. Here’s a peek at Santa’s Suite Bundle:
- Simplicity. This project is clean and straightforward. While I certainly could have layered the sides of this box with additional papers or added more paper to the top of the box, I kept the overall design clean and simple. I cropped the tag with the Santa Builder Framelits Dies – once with Thick Whisper White and another time with Pool Party. I then cropped the Pool Party piece with the edge of a Scalloped Square Framelit. I stamped this fun sentiment from Hang Your Stocking on the tag and tied a simple bow with Real Red 1/8″ Solid Ribbon.
Stamp Sets: Santa’s Suit, Hang Your Stocking Papers: Quilted Christmas Designer Series Paper Stack, Pool Party, Shimmery White, Thick Whisper, Window Sheet Inks: Archival Basic Black, Pool Party, Powder Pink Accessories: Santa Builder Framelits Dies, Mini Pizza Boxes, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Layering Squares Framelits Dies, Blender Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
My Favorite Things
On Saturday, I shared the list of My Favorite Things from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Holiday Catalog. Did you miss it? If you’d like to see what I love most, CLICK HERE to take a look.
Have you ever wished there was an “I Want Everything Button” for the launch of a catalog (I’m sure I could work one up for you if you need one)? This new catalog is AMAZING, and I’m thrilled to share it with you! To help you make the most of your 2017 Holiday Catalog purchases, I’ve created four, limited-time bundles with select bundles in the Holiday Catalog:
- Christmas Quilt
- Merry Little Christmas
- Painted Harvest
- Spooky Night
I added up products for each of these bundles (each already includes a 10% off bundle) and took off at least 10% more on each. That’s like getting free shipping! You’ll definitely want to review my bundles…