Last week I shared some suggestions for color combinations that would work wonderfully with the Be Merry Designer Series Paper, a set of Christmas-themed papers in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. If you missed those combinations (along with several cards I’ve made with Be Merry Designer Series Paper), you can see that post here. For today’s sweet-and-simple card, I decided to use one of these color combinations as my inspiration. What fun! Here’s my card:
- Versatile Paper. This Garden Green page with a houndstooth pattern is LOVELY at Christmas, but it’s also pretty lovely for a not-Christmas project. Don’t you think? If you didn’t already know, you’d have no reason to think this pattern was in a set of Christmas papers, so the recipient will love it. I assure you! Here’s a look at the patterns and colors in the Be Merry Designer Series Papers: Be Merry Designer Series Paper is one of the papers that’s on sale in October (buy 3, get 1 free) – you don’t want to miss this deal! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special:
- Measurements. These simple layers are perfect for a quick-and-simple card. The layout works for almost any paper, any occasion and any sentiment. Because I’m a giving, loving soul (and because you almost always leave me comments when I do), I’m sharing the measurements for this card, starting with the base and working up:
- Garden Green – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored at 4-1/4″
- Soft Suede – 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Crumb Cake – 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Be Merry Designer Series Paper – 4″ x 3-3/8″
- Thick Whisper White – Stitched Shapes Framelits Die Oval (~ 3-1/4″ wide)
- Warm Colors. While these warm colors – Garden Green, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake have a masculine appeal (browns and greens are often used for masculine cards), the warmth of the colors also has a comforting appeal, which makes them perfect for a “thinking of you” card. If you like this color combination, too, please save this: For other color combinations that work well with the Garden Green and Cherry Cobbler colors in the Be Merry Designer Series Paper, CLICK HERE.
Stamp Sets: Count My Blessings Papers: Be Merry Designer Series Paper, Garden Green, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Thick Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Save While You Celebrate World Card Making Day. World Card Making Day is October 7. To celebrate World Card Making Day, Stampin’ Up! is kicking off a 10-day sale. Until October 10, you can:
- earn a 15% discount on Whisper White and Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes
- earn a 15% discount on select stamp sets from the Annual & Holiday Catalogs
- get 2 Fast Fuse refills when you buy 1 Fast Fuse (WOW!)
To see all of the items in the World Card Making Day sale, CLICK HERE.
Coffee Break Designer Series Paper is one of the papers that’s on sale in October (buy 3, get 1 free) – you don’t want to miss this deal! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special: