We wrapped up another incredible World Card Making Day event yesterday – what a great group of amazing stampers! We enjoyed every minute of the day – from fun games to outstanding presentations. I’ll share more of the day next week. For now, though, I’d like to give you a glimpse at my swap card for the event. I used warm Fall colors and the Count My Blessings stamp set to make this:
- Count My Blessings. The Count My Blessings stamp set, new in the 2017 Holiday Catalog, was not at the tippy top of my wish list from this catalog. I loved the sentiments from the very beginning, but I didn’t feel inspired by the images. Then I started seeing some amazing projects in my team’s Facebook group – and that inspired me to push the set higher on my list. Thanks, Royals! Here’s a peak at Count My Blessings:
- Graphic Background. What did I do with the images in this set? I decided to cover a panel of Whisper White with three of these images, stamped on top of each and filling the page with a messy, graphic look. If you look closely, you can see three of the images from above in the background – can you see them? I covered the background with the acorns and leaves (bottom, right corner of the stamp set image above) with Crumb Cake. I then added the flowers in Cajun Craze and filled some empty spots with Old Olive leaves (in the bottom, left corner of the stamp set image). It was really fun, but I didn’t anticipate the amount of effort it would take to make so many for my swaps. 🙂
- Color Combination. Do you love this classic combination for Fall colors? I sure do. It seems like Fall is the only time I pull out my Cajun Craze inks – and then I always wonder why I don’t do it more often. If you are inspired by this combination of Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Old Olive, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Count My Blessings Papers: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Whisper White Inks: Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Layering Circles Framellits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I can’t share a swap card – one that I made over-and-over again without showing you the end result. I love to show you the cards lined up together – my infinity shot of the project. Here are two infinity shots of this card:
What do you think? Aren’t those warm colors amazing together?! Thanks for stopping by today!
Save While You Celebrate World Card Making Day. World Card Making Day is October 7. To celebrate World Card Making Day, Stampin’ Up! is kicking off a 10-day sale. Until October 10, you can:
- earn a 15% discount on Whisper White and Very Vanilla Note Cards & Envelopes
- earn a 15% discount on select stamp sets from the Annual & Holiday Catalogs
- To see all of the items in the World Card Making Day sale, CLICK HERE.
Coffee Break Designer Series Paper is one of the papers that’s on sale in October (buy 3, get 1 free) – you don’t want to miss this deal! What fun! Click this banner to see all the papers that are a part of this special: