This week’s Global Design Project Color Challenge showcases three colors: Sweet Sugarplum, Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach. That’s a tough combination, but I love all of the projects by the design team members. While I used all three of the colors in my project, I focused on Bermuda Bay and Peekaboo Peach. The focal image is from a must-have stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Sale-a-Bration brochure – Happy Wishes. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for this week’s GDP color challenge that inspired my card:
- Happy Wishes. As you know, Sale-a-Bration is a wonderful time to earn exclusive Stampin’ Up! products. During the three-month event, we’ve always been able to choose one item from the Sale-a-Bration selections for every $50 in product we buy. Well, there’s an exciting twist this year. While there are still lots of great options for $50 purchases, Stampin’ Up! has added TWO items that are exchangeable for a $100 purchase. Sentiments abound in the “Level Two” options. The “Level Two” items include Celebrate You Thinlits (a set of Thinlits Dies with three versatile words) and Happy Wishes (a two-case stamp set with 16 interchangeable sentiments). What a gorgeous set! Here’s a look at Happy Wishes:
There are so many amazing combinations in this stamp set! Here’s a video that showcases the awesomeness of the set:
- Bermuda Base. The floral “happy” works beautifully with “you make me so” and so many other great sentiments in the set. The styling of this word is so gorgeous -and I didn’t want anything to distract the recipient of this card from the gorgeous sentiment. As such, I created a monochromatic background with a panel of paper that blends into the base of the card. That’s the easiest way to make a small panel really stand out on a card. This paper is from Bubbles & Fizz, another great Sale-a-Bration offering. I love the simplicity of this pattern. Here’s a look at the other pages in this pack of papers: If you’d like to see my graphics for all of the Designer Series Papers in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog and 2018 Sale-a-Bration brochure, CLICK HERE.
- Simple Layers. The focal image of this card is the floral “happy” – I love that it’s so bold and so soft at the same time. The components of this card are pulled together in a layout I’ve used before – because it’s simple and easy. Here are the measurements of the elements on this card (starting from the base of the card and working my way up):
- Bermuda Bay cardstock – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper – 5-1/2″ x 4″
- Tutti-frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – 5″ x 3″
- Basic Black cardstock – 4-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
- Whisper White cardstock – 4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
Stamp Sets: Happy Wishes Papers: Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper, Tutti-frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White Inks: Archival Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Stampin’ Write Markers (Peekaboo Peach, Sweet Sugarplum) Accessories: Blender Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Join Me for a Spring Event in Atlanta!
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! Along with some of my amazing team members, I’ll be hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage. This event – still unnamed and not-yet-fully-planned – will be Friday, April 7 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will be open to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
If you’d like to see some of my write-ups about past events to gauge your excitement about this event, please click on one of the below links:
If you have participated in my events before, I’d LOVE for you to leave comments below about how much fun you had. I’d ALSO love for you to share this message with your friends and team members to encourage them to join us, too!
EMAIL ME HERE if you would like to be included on my emails as we fine-tune this fun event.