I love sketches – they often times give me a layout for a card that I’d never, otherwise make. For this week’s GDP sketch challenge, I set out to make a bold, vibrant Valentine’s Day card and ended up making a soft, sweet card that can be a card for a “new home” or a “new baby.” I love the inspiration I received from this simple sketch! Here’s my card:
- Flying Home and Sweet Home. My card pairs a new stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Occasions Catalog with a sentiment in an Annual Catalog stamp set I’ve barely inked (and I’m rethinking that decision). For the little banner sentiment on this Flying Home stamp set, I pulled this “home sweet home” sentiment and coordinating banner from the Sweet Home stamp set and coordinating Home Sweet Home Framelits Dies. It’s a perfect pairing, don’t you think? Here’s a look at the versatile images in the Flying Home stamp set:
And here’s a look at the Sweet Home stamp set:
- Stampin’ Blends. I love the sweet colors in this card – I used the dark and light Stampin’ Blends to color the images in this set. Mama bird is colored with Dark Pool Party, and the baby birds are colored with Light Pool Party. The nest is colored with Light Crumb Cake, while the branch is colored with Dark Crumb Cake. I didn’t combine colors on this card (no blending with the Stampin’ Blends), but I had loads of fun coloring the images. Sale-a-Bration is a GREAT time to purchase the collection of Stampin’ Blends – such a wonderful coloring tool! With the purchase, you automatically earn TWO Level 1 Sale-a-Bration items or ONE Level 2 Sale-a-Bration item – and you are half-way to earning another Level 1 Item. That’s a no-brainer, right? Here’s a look at the collection of Stampin’ Blends:
- Color Combination. This sweet color combination happen by chance – I pulled the colors from the sweet Designer Series Paper and the Stampin’ Blends available to me. If you like this combination of Pool Party, Old Olive and Crumb Cake, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Flying Home, Sweet Home Papers: Whole Lot of Lovely Designer Series Paper, Pool Party, Old Olive, Thick Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Stampin’ Blends (Pool Party, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie) Accessories: Home Sweet Home Framelits Dies, Lots of Labels Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
How sweet are these little birds? They are perfectly accented by this little sentiment, don’t you think? I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! I’m hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage – and I’m calling it Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. This event will be Friday, April 6 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will open today to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
To learn more or to sign up now, CLICK HERE.
BECOME A ROYAL
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.