Are you looking for a modern, fresh and fun way to say “I’m so proud of you!” to someone you love? Boy, have I got a fun card for you – it’s a fun card and oh-so-simple! 🙂 This card packs a punch with a bold color combination, a fun mix of shapes a patterns that will make you smile. Here’s my card:
- Sentiment Building. When I’m trying to pair sentiments for a card, I run my index finger back-and-forth over the stamp cases on the shelves in my Fungeon (that’s where I stamp). I was looking for a perfect sentiment to go with “YOU” from the Celebrate You Thinlits Dies – one of the “Level 2” options you can earn with a $100 purchase during Sale-a-Bration. Here’s a look at these amazing dies:
What a versatile set! So…there I was, running my index finger of the stamp sets, looking for a sentiment. You should have seen the excitement that ran across my face when I stopped on Marquee Messages – a fun set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. I simply masked the “you” in this sentiment for a perfect stamp to pair with my die! Here’s a look at this stamp set that’s filled with great sentiments:
- Playing with Shapes. I love playing with layers of colors and patterns. When cutting into Designer Series Paper patterns, I usually cut the piece a little bigger than I think I’ll want – and I don’t cut until I’ve decided. That wiggle room leaves me trimming down panels until the right size presents itself to me. 🙂 I trimmed away at this black-and-white striped panel to leave black stripes on the top and bottom, and I trimmed away so that the width would work well with my circle. I decided to not frame the entire panel with Real Red cardstock – instead, I cropped the cardstock to frame the sides of the panel. Oh, the fun of playing with paper!
- Color Combination. I love these patterns and colors from the Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper. The bold strips pair perfectly with the tiny grids. Love! Here’s a look at colors and patterns in the the Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper:If you like this fresh and modern combination of Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red and Basic Black (pulled right from this stack of papers), please save this:
Stamp Sets: Marquee Messages Papers: Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Real Red, Whisper White Inks: Real Red Accessories: Celebrate You Thinlits Dies, 2-1/4″ Circle punch, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think? Aren’t these colors fun together? What sentiments will you pair with the “YOU” in Celebrate You Thinlits Dies?
Thanks for stopping by today!
In April, Stampin’ Up! is hosting OnStage Local events for demonstrators all over the world. One of the local events will be local to me – here in Atlanta, Georgia! I’m hosting a Spring stamping event the day before OnStage – and I’m calling it Brian’s Spring Stamp-Along. This event will be Friday, April 6 at Cobb Galleria Centre. I’d love for you to join us!
Registration for the Spring Event will open today to a limited number of demonstrators – and the day will be FILLED with fun. I can promise some inspiring presentations, super-fun games, a high-quality swap and make-and-takes like nothing you’ve ever seen. The event will mirror the World Card Making Day events we’ve hosted the last five years.
To learn more or to sign up now, CLICK HERE.
BECOME A ROYAL
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.
Modern with cool stripes and colors. I love how you made sure to have a black stripe at the top and bottom.
Thanks, Mary! I’m so glad you like it. I always try to pay close attention to how lines are balanced. Lots of trimming to get exactly what I want. <3
Impeccably layered, as always Brian, love the bright colors that frame the black stripes panel, they just make it POP!!
The sentiment makes a statement on it’s own.
Thanks, Maria! I have been itching to use this striped paper – it’s so crisp! Thanks for your sweet comments!
You – Awesome! How’s that for a combination of Thinlet and stamp from Marquee Messages!
I was elated! Glad you like it, too! <3
These colors together screem excitement, the recipient will feel how excited you are. So FUN!
Thanks so much, Katrina! I love the bold clash of the Real Red and Lemon Lime Twist. Glad you like it, too!
Bold and bright! And I always love when you “mix your messages!”
Thanks, Linda! I’m so excited about these dies and the 1000 ways we can showcase them. 🙂