When I think about Valentine’s Day, my mind always makes its way to the pastel-colored candy hearts made by Sweathearts Valentine Candies. These sweat treats (some are sugary sweet, and others are tart) are always a welcomed addition to the month leading up to February 14 – and the days after. The colors for this week’s FabFriday color challenge (Powder Pink, Melon Mambo and Sweet Sugarplum) gave me just what I needed to honor Sweathearts Valentine Candies. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for this week’s FabFriday Color challenge that inspired my card:
- Much Love. My sweet Valentine’s Day card features two stamp sets that are 100% designed for the people you love (or, at least, for the people you want to show a little love on Valentine’s Day). The hearts are stamped and cropped with the stamps and dies from the Sure Do Love You Bundle:
To coordinate with the thin borders on the card, I stamped the “LOVE YOU FRIEND” in Melon Mambo. The typeset sentiment is from Bloomin Love, a stamp set in Stampin’ Up!’s 2017 Annual Catalog. Here’s a look at Bloomin’ Love:
- All Popped Up. The candy hearts that create the sweet border along the base of this card are all stamped and cropped with the Sure Do Love You Bundle. In addition, I popped up each heart with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals. I alternated between the colors and the three hearts for a sweet look. I also alternated the placement of the hearts so that some were tucked under others. The Dimensionals gave me a little wiggle room to play with the placement of the hearts – and they all look so sweet popped up like that.
- A Touch of Gray. These three colors are super-sweet together. They were so sweet that I had to nix the Sweet Sugarplum base I had originally cut and scored for this card. Instead, I reached for a color I don’t normally use (not sure why because I love it) – Smoky Slate. The soft gray lightened the intensity of the pinks and purples in the card, giving me the perfect solution for the base of the card.
Bundles: Sure Do Love You Stamp Sets: Sure Do Love You, Bloomin’ Love Papers: Melon Mambo, Powder Pink, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White Inks: Powder Pink, Melon Mambo, Sweet Sugarplum Accessories: Lots to Love Box Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.