Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black and Smoky Slate – one of my all-time favorite combinations. I used all three for today’s project for the FabFriday133 sketch challenge. Despite all the dark shades, I think this card is uplifting and fun – a Spring beauty on a dark platform. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Celebrate. Is it a suggestion or a command? Either way, I couldn’t love this “CELEBRATE” sentiment more than I already do. The sentiment is from a limited time stamp set called Color Me Happy that coordinates with a fun Color Me Happy Project Kit. The set and kit were first introduced with the Stampin’ Blends – what fun! I LOVE this sentiment (such a great font), but I also love the images in this set and have used them often. Here’s a look at the fun Color Me Happy stamp set:
And here’s a look at the coordinating kit:
EARN THIS KIT FOR FREE! During the last 15 days of March, this kit (along with some other great products) have been added to the Sale-a-Bration options. What fun! The product code for this kit is 150046. I’ve included the complete list of new Sale-a-Bration options at the base of this post.
- A Tale of Two DSP’s. I love to play with the fun patterns and colors in Stampin’ Up!’s Designer Series Papers. While both of the papers used here are very different (Petal Passion Designer Series Paper is sophisticated and beautiful, while Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper is bright and fun), they work wonderfully together. Each page showcases Whisper White and one color. One page has a bold pattern, while the other has a small pattern. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Petal Passion Designer Series Paper: And here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper:
- Color Combination. Since the first time we saw Lemon Lime Twist, I’ve been in love. The lime green color plays well with so many other colors. Perhaps my favorite is the merger of Lemon Lime Twist with Smoky Slate and Basic Black. Black and Gray allow Lemon Lime Twist to shine. If you like this combination of colors, too, please save this: I used this color combination almost a year ago with the introduction of the 2017-2019 In Colors. You can see that project here.
Stamp Sets: Color Me Happy Papers: Petal Passion Designer Series Paper, Tutti-Frutti 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Smoky Slate, Lemon Lime Twist, Basic Black Inks: Archival Basic Black Accessories: Bold Butterfly Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
NEW SALE-A-BRATION OPTIONS
During the last 15 days of March, there are even more Sale-a-Bration options to redeem! Click on the flyer below to download this list of new options – and then head over to my online store to place your order. <3
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.