I just can’t stay away from my Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper this week. This is my third post in a row that features this paper – I normally try to mix things up, but I’m A-OK with this trend. 🙂 This week’s CAS(E) This Sketch challenge gave me another reason to play with this fun paper – and I added in the wizard from the Magical Day bundle. Here’s my card:
- Magical Mates Bundle & Lovely Wishes. I adore the fun images in the Magical Mates Bundle – perfect for fun-loving people of all ages! I stamped the wizard with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored him with three Stampin’ Blends Markers (Light Pool Party, Light Smoky Slate and Ivory). So simple! I cropped him with the coordinating Magical Mates Framelits Dies. Here’s a look at this fun bundle:
The sentiment is from a beautiful, floral set called Lovely Wishes. You might not expect to find a sentiment perfect for a fun wizard in that set, but it’s there! Here’s a look at Lovely Wishes:
- All That Shine & Texture! There are three elements in this card that add some extra shine – can you name them all? No worries – rest your mind for the moment, and I’ll just point them out to you: (1) White Embossing Powder. There’s a slickness and a little bit of a shine to this sentiment that was stamped with Whisper White Craft Ink and powdered with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. (2) Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. To create this orb in the wizard’s hand, I sponged a circle with Daffodil Delight and Fresh Fig inks. To give it a little shine, I added a coat of shine with my Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush. Such an easy way to add a touch of sparkle! (3) Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper. The Fresh Fig pattern from Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper is designed with iridescent, glittered stars. Fun – and not messy! Here’s a look at the patterns and colors in the Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series: Earlier this week, I offered some additional color combination suggestions with this paper (along with some other projects I have made with this set and these papers). To read more, click here.
- Cool Color Combo. The colors for this card started with the backdrop of Fresh Fig – thanks, Myths & Magic! After flipping through my Stampin’ Blends to find a color for my wizard’s robe, I landed on Pool Party. I already had purple on my background and knew I’d use gray on his beard. Pool Party seemed to work! I love this combination of purple, blue and yellow. If you like it as much as I do, please feel free to save this:
Bundles: Magical Day Bundle Stamp Sets: Magical Day, Lovely Wishes Papers: Myths & Magic Specialty Designer Series Paper, Fresh Fig, Pool Party, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White Inks: Whisper White Kraft Ink, Fresh Fig, Daffodil Delight, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends (Light Pool Party, Light Smoky Slate, Ivory) Accessories: Magical Mates Framelits Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, 2-3/8″ Circle punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site (the challenge goes live at 10am EST) to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Have you ever thought about being a demonstrator? Now is a GREAT time to become a Royal. Here’s what you can get with your Starter Kit when you join during Sale-a-Bration:
- With your $99 Starter Kit, you get $125 of product (your choice) with FREE SHIPPING.
- During Sale-a-Bration, you earn 2 free stamp sets (your choice) at any price. That’s a HUGE bonus!
- You will save 20% on everything you buy straight out of the gate (with an opportunity to save more).
- You have access to sneak peeks and early product releases.
- You get to be a part of our incredible online community. <3
I love our group and would love to introduce you to them. This is such a great opportunity for you to join or re-join. If you have questions, please email me. I’m happy to set up a call to chat with you about this amazing opportunity. You can JOIN NOW or EMAIL ME.