Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! This year’s hops are themed around some of our favorite songs. Today’s hop is pulls inspiration from B.B. King’s song “Let the Good Times Roll.” How fun is that?! We’ve created projects that either feature images with wheels (cards, wagons, bikes) or celebrate good times. We are excited to share our projects with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
The best birthday gift is quality time with the people I love – a day in the park, a road trip to a neighboring town or an afternoon on the couch. It’s nice to just “get away” from our day-to-day lives to enjoy time with the people who are most special to us. For today’s “Let the Good Times Roll” hop, I created a fun birthday card that creates a getaway scene. I also reached for two stamp sets with wheels – there’s a fun camper in Glamper Greetings (which retires May 31) and a fun bicycle in Sheltering Tree (which, thankfully, is included in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog). Here’s my card:
- Six Retiring Products. My card features lots of products that are retiring on May 31 (or earlier since they are being sold on while supplies last). You can click on any of these items to see them in my online store:
- Emerald Envy Cardstock and Ink. Emerald Envy is a 2016-2018 In Color that retires at the end of May. We’ve enjoyed spending time with this bright, cheery green. To read my post about the retiring colors, click here.
- Island Indigo Cardstock and Ink. I’ve loved Island Indigo from the moment it was introduced as an In Color years ago. This deep, rich aqua pairs so well with so many colors – I particularly like it with this bright green.
- Regals Enamel Shapes. When colors go away, color-coordinated products often go with them. I love these little enamel shapes – adds a nice detail on the side of this card. To read about all of the products that are being discontinued, please click here.
- Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper. Oh, how I’ve loved this fun pack of paper! I’m excited, though, for the new papers I get to work with in the coming year. Always a fun time of year!
- Glamper Greetings. Such a fun set! While the set centers around a big, mobile camper, there are lots of fun images for all seasons and fun sentiments in the set, too. I’ve included a picture of the set below.
- Archival Basic Black Ink. Stampin’ Up! is retiring it’s Archival Basic Black and Archival Basic Gray ink pads.
- Create a Scene. My card front tells a story. It’s a Spring day (the splash of Emerald Envy offers a bright day), and there’s something to celebrate (the balloons are an indicator of the fun that’s being had). “Let’s get away and celebrate your birthday,” doesn’t even need to be said – except that it is! 🙂 The bike, tree and ground are all stamped with the beautiful Sheltering Tree photopolymer stamp set. Here’s a look at this awesome set:The balloons and coordinated sentiments are stamped with the retiring (and also photopolymer) stamp set Glamper Greetings. Here’s a look at this fun set:
- Rich Color Combination. I love the rich tones on this card – the combination of Emerald Envy, Island Indigo and Early Espresso allow the Melon Mambo and Lemon Lime Twist balloons to pop on the focal panel of the card. If you like this combination as much as I do, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Sheltering Tree, Glamper Greetings Papers: Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper, Emerald Envy, Island Indigo, Whisper White Inks: Early Espresso, Emerald Envy, Island Indigo, Archival Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist Accessories: Regals Enamel Shapes, Blender Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Candy Ford at StampCandy
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
I’m so glad you stopped by today and am excited for you to make it through the rest of the hop. Here are the products I used on today’s card: