Today’s project (for this week’s Color Challenge at the Global Design Project) features a handful of the most exciting products from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog – I LOVE this new stamp set, the selection of 2018-2020 In Color Embossing Powders, the fun marquee frame dies, patterned papers in all colors and these amazing, tinted pearls. That’s a lot of products for a clean-and-simple card, don’t you think? Here’s my card:
- Versatile Sentiments. I love the mix of sentiments in the Friendly Expressions stamp set – what a lovely mix of friendly expressions! There’s something for everyone is this mix of phrases – and I love the combination of scripted and printed fonts. Here’s a look at the Friendly Expressions stamp set: These sentiment can easily be masked to create any combination of phrases. I stamped this sentiment with a juicy Versamark ink pad on Fresh Fig cardstock and sprinkled it with Grapefruit Grove Embossing Powder – that’s right, Grapefruit Grove Embossing Powder. I love that Stampin’ Up! is offering new powders in these new In Colors – what fun! Here’s a look at these new Stampin’ Emboss Powders:
- Shining Lights. The last time I featured the Broadway Lights Framelits Dies, I allowed the lights to shine through (you can see that post here). For today’s project, though, I accented the frame with Grapefruit Grove Pearls in the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls. Here’s a look at these pearls: The pearls are offered in the following colors (from left to right): Grapefruit Grove, Petal Pink, Rich Razzleberry, Tranquil Tide and So Saffron. Here’s a closer look at my finished project – that’s a lot of pearls for it’s worth every one.
- Layer Measurements. I know, I know. I always say my cards are clean and simple – even when there are many layers on them. As long as I achieve a look that is clean, I can have 28 layers and be happy. 🙂 Here are the measurements for the layers of cardstock on this card:
- Fresh Fig – 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (scored at 4-1/4″)
- Thick Whisper White – 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Fresh Fig – 4-5/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Subtles 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Mint Macaron) – 4-1/2″ x 3-1/4″
- Thick Whisper White and Fresh Fig – cutouts from Broadway Lights Framelits Dies
Stamp Sets: Friendly Expressions Papers: Fresh Fig, Subtles 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Mint Macaron), Thick Whisper White Inks: VersaMark Accessories: Broadway Lights Framelits Dies, Share What You Love Artisan Pearls, Heat Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge. This challenge goes live at 7am EST.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Between July 1 and July 31, Stampin’ Up! is hosting an amazing promotion where you can get one pack of select papers when you buy three packs of select papers.
To help expand our family and create opportunities for even more meaningful relationships with fellow crafters, Stampin’ Up! is giving us a Stampin’ Pad Family Recruiting Promotion. During this promotion, new team members will receive a FREE assortment of Classic Stampin’ Pads (your choice!) with your Starter Kit!