I love the colors of Fall. My recent trip to Alaska and Seattle made me hopeful for the crisp air of Autumn. While the air was definitely clean and crisp in those cities, the temperature was far from Fall. Lucky me! I was able to visit those beautiful places and could still come home to find the Fall colors and textures in my Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper. 🙂 How’s that for an introduction to a card? Here’s my card:
- Beautiful Layers. I love the layered shapes in Donna’s sketch. I couldn’t help but to reach for some gorgeous Designer Series Papers. I love the pairing of this thatched Grapefruit Grove piece of Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper with the soft, sweet leaves on the top layer. The mix of detail and textured (almost solid) works wonderfully. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Fall-friendly Natures’ Poem Designer Series Paper: How perfect are those pages for Autumn? Here are measurements for my layers (starting with the base and working my way up):
- Mint Macaron – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Thick Whisper White – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Thick Whisper White – 2-3/4″ x 4-1/8″
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – 2-5/8″ x 4″
- Mint Macaron – 3-1/2″ x 3/4″
- Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper – Everyday Label punch
- Whisper White – Darling Label punch
- Punch-Punch. I love this sweet sentiment from the Bunch of Blossoms stamp set – lots of great sentiments in that fun set. I had fun layering these sentiment with two of my favorite all-purpose punches – the Darling Label punch and the Everyday Label punch. Here’s a closer look at the sentiment: Here’s how I framed this sentiment:
- Autumn Shades. While the colors around these panels of Designer Series Paper are Whisper White and Mint Macaron, the paper, itself, showcases three gorgeous colors that are an unexpected combination. If you like this combination of Mint Macaron, Grapefruit Grove and Cajun Craze, please save this:
Bundles: Darling Label Punch Box Stamp Sets: Bunch of Blossoms Papers: Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper, Mint Macaron, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Darling Label Punch, Everyday Label Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
What do you think? Aren’t these colors and papers luscious? So fresh and clean! I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up! is hosting two amazing promotions in August.
For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will earn a $5 coupon to be redeemed in September. How fun is that? To learn more, click on the image below: