This week’s Color Challenge for the FabFriday challenge features four colors that are perfectly bright and cheery – Call Me Clover, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral and Poppy Parade. This mix of colors is perfect for a floral card, a birthday card or a card of congratulations. I reached for my Blended Seasons stamp set to make a 4-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ Christmas card with these colors. Here’s my card:
- Time is Running Out for Blended Seasons. During August (or when supplies run out), Stampin’ Up! is offering a selection of new products that should definitely be on your “must have” list. Here’s a look at the products that are now available:
- Blended Seasons Bundle – 149893 (wood) or 149894 (clear)
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set – 149019 (wood mount) or 149016 (clear mount)
- Stitched Seasons Framelits – 149013
- Watercolor Pencils (Assortment 2) – 149014
The stamp set is pretty spectacular (it’s a wonderful, all-year-round set), and the Framelits are a must-have. Here’s a two-page flyer that shows you everything in the bundle:
I used the gorgeous holly leaves from the Blended Seasons stamp set to create a holly frame for my card. I stamped my leaves with StazOn ink, meticulously lining up the boughs to create a perfect square, and then colored them with the four colors for this challenge. Such fun! I used a Blender Pen to lightly apply Lemon Lime Twist to the leaves and Calypso Coral to the sprig offshoots. I then used a Blender Pen to Layer in a little Call Me Clover. Finally I colored the Poppy Parade berries with a Poppy Parade Stampin’ Write Marker.
- Thinking of You With Love. You can currently order all of the things you need to stamp and color the frame of holly. In fact everything on this card is currently available to purchase. With the “thinking of you with love” sentiment, though, my card features a sneak peek at a stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Holiday Catalog. The catalog goes live on September 5. I shared a project with Beautiful Blizzard on Monday (you can see it here). In both cases, I’ve not showcased the full beauty of this bundle – the elements from this bundle are not the focal point of either card – but both projects are perfectly accented by the amazing set. Here’s a look at the Beautiful Blizzard Bundle:
- Unexpected Layer. When you are reaching for Christmas paper, the last place you might expect to find a beautiful pattern is in the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper – but it’s there! The 4-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ that serves as a frame for this card is from the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper. What fun! Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of papers: I used the last page in the patterns showcased above.
Stamp Sets: Blended Seasons, Beautiful Blizzard Papers: Poppy Parade, Call Me Clover, Very Vanilla, Lemon Lime Twist, Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper Inks: Call Me Clover, Lemon Lime Twist, Calypso Coral, Brights Stampin’ Write Markers (Poppy Parade), Jet Black Stazon Accessories: Blender Pen, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Stampin’ Up! is hosting two amazing promotions in August.
For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will earn a $5 coupon to be redeemed in September. How fun is that? To learn more, click on the image below: