I’m headed to Orlando this week to celebrate Stampin’ Up!’s 30th Anniversary with demonstrator friends from all over the world. I’ll make many new friends while there (including meeting many of my team members face-to-face for the first time). What fun! There’s no better way to spend a week of celebration. This week’s Theme Challenge for the Global Design Project fits perfectly with our journey – 30 Years of Stampin’ Up! Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card (this challenge goes live later this morning):
- Celebrating Stampin’ Up! What does Stampin’ Up! mean to you? For me, this craft gives me a brilliant way to exercise the creative side of my brain. I’m an accountant by trade, so the left side of my brain gets a daily workout. To balance that out a bit (who wants a lopsided brain?), I create beautiful things with ink, paper and stamps. Stampin’ Up! also gives me a great connection to human beings I’d, otherwise, not know. I’ve made so many friends from this journey I’m on, and I know I’ll make many more. I stamped this sentiment from Love What You Do and cropped it with a Stitched Shapes oval. I framed that with a lacy cutout from the Stitched Labels Framelits Dies. Here’s a look at these great dies:Look at the gorgeous details in this die from the Stitched Labels Framelits Die:
- Share What You Do. I, instinctively, reached for the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper to build the base for this card. I love the patterns and colors in this paper, but I also love what it means as it relates to Stampin’ Up!’s 30th Anniversary. There’s a beautiful, pearlized finish on 4 of these pages (including the floral piece I selected) – pearl is the 30th Anniversary gift. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this pack of papers: Here are some stats about this gorgeous paper:
- Includes 24 sheets (4 each of 6 double-sided designs) of gorgeous, hand-painted floral and decorative designs. That’s a double pack!
- 4 of the designs include a translucent, pearlized finish
- The sheets are heavier than standard Designer Series Papers. That makes these papers great for cards AND 3-D projects.
- Rich Colors. As I often do, I pulled the colors for this card right from the patterns of Share What You Love I chose for this card. If you like this combination of Rich Razzleberry, Crumb Cake and Mossy Meadow, please save this:
Stamp Sets: Love What You Do Papers: Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry, Thick Whisper White Inks: Basic Black Accessories: Stitched Labels Framelits Dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
The Share What You Love suite of products in the Annual Catalog includes an Embellishment Kit that comes in a gorgeous box that includes Stampin’ Up!’s Statement of the Heart. What a perfect way to deliver the card or a small gift with the card!
While I’m away in Orlando, my projects will still post on my blog each day. I hope you’ll come back to see what I’m sharing with you.
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Snowflake Showcase – Order Today!
Stampin’ Up!’s new collection of amazing products – Snowflake Showcase – is now available. You don’t want to miss out on these goodies (they are available from November 1 to November 30 – or while supplies last)! Click on the picture below to learn more:
Join Us for a Holiday One-for-One Card Swap. It’s that time of year – as you are making your Fall, Christmas and Winter cards, I want you to send me one so I can send you one back. Your card for my One-for-One Swap needs to arrive in my mailbox by November 16, so I hope you’ll start working on your card now. <3
To learn more about my One-for-One Card Swap, click here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – XRSYUMCJ – when prompted. Thank you!