When a friend of mine suddenly lost her Mom, I knew I needed to make a special card. I immediately reached for a stamp set that doesn’t define my style – Very Vintage. I layered beautiful colors from beautiful papers to create this comforting card:
The floral image also works wonderfully with this week’s Global Design Project challenge – a them challenge centered around the garden. Here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
- Very Vintage and Flourishing Phrases. The Very Vintage stamp set is one of several price-reduced stamp sets you pick up with your Stampin’ Rewards (it’s only $13.50!) when you place an order over $150. This one is included in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. While I don’t typically make vintage projects (I’ve tried and failed), I love this arrangement of flowers and the sweet sentiments in the set. Please take a look at this great set:There are so many gorgeous sentiment in Flourishing Phrases – also in Stampin’ Up!’s 2018 Annual Catalog. Many are paired perfectly for an inside and outside sentiment. While you’d typically send “healing wishes” to someone who’s recovering from sickness, it’s also an appropriate wish for someone who’s broken after the loss of a loved one. Here’s a look at Flourishing Phrases:
- A Highlighting Band. I stamped the flowers with Petal Pink ink and then stamped the sweet sentiment right over top of it with the much-darker Mossy Meadow ink. That pulls the eye right to the sentiment on the front of this card:To further accent the sentiment, I added a band of Mossy Meadow cardstock behind it at the same height of the sentiment and in the same color. The panel just behind the band is a Petal Pink bokeh design from Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in this gorgeous pack of papers:
- Lots of Layers. A clean design doesn’t have to be a single layer. Believe it or not, there are seven layers of cardstock on this simple design. That’s kind of crazy, but I think it’s what makes the card so special. Here’s a rundown of the layer measurements I used to create this card:
- Petal Pink – 4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″
- Thick Whisper White – 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Mossy Meadow – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Mossy Meadow – 3-3/4″ x 1″
- Thick Whisper White – 3″ x 4-1/4″
- Mossy Meadow – 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White – 2-3/4″ x 4″
Stamp Sets: Very Vintage Host Set, Flourishing Phrases Papers: Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper, Petal Pink, Mossy Meadow, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White Inks: Petal Pink Mossy Meadow Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Global Design Project site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Become a Royal
Sale-a-Bration offers the best opportunity to join my Stampin’ Up! Team and become an InKing Royal. What’s better than becoming a part of an active, fun, supportive group – and getting a discount on the products you already love?! If you’d like to learn more about the amazing join promotions during Sale-a-Bration, click on the graphic below:
Occasions and Sale-a-Bration are LIVE
Stampin’ Up!’s Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration event are live. That means there are tons of new, amazing products you need to check out and add to your wish list. To see the new catalog and start your list, click on the photos below:
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – FW3NGFXF – when prompted. Thank you!