Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog introduces us to Suite Bundles – where you can order entire suites of select products (that’s the coordinating bundle [at a 10% savings], the ribbons, the accessories and more) with one product number. How fun! The Come Sail Away Suite Bundle is filled to the brim with beautiful by-the-sea-themed products that you are certain to fall in love with. I used the stamps, dies and Designer Series Paper from the Come Sale Away suite on today’s card for the CAS(E) This Sketch challenge:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Sailing Home. The Sailing Home Bundle is the “anchor” of the Come Sail Away Suite – see what I did there (sometimes I giggle at myself)? The set is a beautiful mix of images (lighthouses, birds and boats) that are perfect for masculine cards or cards that feature beautiful, by-the-sea nostalgia. Here’s a look at the Sailing Home stamp set:You really can’t go wrong with these products. Stampin’ Up! likes the suite so much that they featured projects with these products on half of the cover of the new catalog:And we used several products for one of our make-and-takes. Here’s a look at my photo of the make-and-take that was designed by Stampin’ Up! designers:I took some of the beautiful supplies to make today’s card and finished it at home when my new bundle arrived.
- A Beautiful Slant. The sketch today calls for a diagonal design. Normally, I would think, “That’s different and interesting” – except that a couple of months ago I realized how many times I create cards with a diagonal element. Here’s a closer look at the diagonal on my card:(This lighthouse is GORGEOUS – and that’s just with a single stamped image). Back to the diagonal on the card…if you’d like to see a collection of diagonal cards I shared in March, along with a step-by-step tutorial for building a card with diagonals, CLICK HERE.
- Totally Nautical. If you are making a card that gives a nod to life on the ocean, you certainly have to reach for Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue and Night of Navy. Real Red is another great color to add, but red adds a bit more energy. These three are so calm and so sophisticated:I love this combination so much that I’ve unknowingly used it three times (only figured it out while I was saving off this graphic) – today and twice to show color combinations from Designer Series Paper (once here and once here).
Bundles: Sailing Home Stamp Sets: Sailing Home Papers: Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Thick Whisper White Inks: Night of Navy Accessories: Smooth Sailing Dies, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the CAS(E) This Sketch site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Don’t Miss These Retiring Products. Stampin’ Up! announced the products that will retire on June 3 (or when products sell out). Please click on the picture below to read more about what’s retiring and why you have a limited time to grab up these items:Over the past couple of days, I’ve shared parades of prior cards with select retiring items. If you missed those posts, you can see them here:
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (A-L) & a Parade of 46 Cards
- Select Retiring Stamp Sets (M-Z) & a Parade of 37 Cards
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – S9ZDBKBT – when prompted. Thank you!