Many of my Stampin’ Up! team members (not only those with blogs) share their gorgeous projects in our team’s Facebook community – there’s such amazing and inspiring creativity in this group! I’m always excited when my team’s blog hop rolls around, though, because I get to share some of their amazing work with you. I’m just as excited to see their projects as you are, and I am proud to share them with you.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s May Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around REMEMBER. This word can mean different things to different people – fond memories, respectful tributes, special occasions that we’ll never forget. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I Forgot to Remember Your Birthday
I’m not very good at remembering birthdays. With so many distractions in the world, I tend to find out that I’ve missed an important birthday when that person generates their “thanks for all the kind birthday wishes” post on their Facebook page. Argh! When you miss a big birthday, though, you have to make up for it with a big-and-over-the-top Happy Belated Birthday card. Here’s my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Carrying Over (Kind of). My card features a fun sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set and a cool party hat that’s is stamped and cropped from the Broadway Birthday Bundle. The Itty Bitty Birthdays stamp set (which debuted in the 2019 Occasions Catalog) is carrying over into Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Annual Catalog, and I couldn’t be happier. Here’s a look at Itty Bitty Birthdays:While the Broadway Birthday stamp set and the Broadway Lights Dies will be carrying from the 2018 Annual Catalog into the 2019 Annual Catalog, the bundle of the two will not. That means you only have a short time to buy both at a 10% savings. Who doesn’t love that?! Here’s a look at he Broadway Birthday Bundle:
- Party Hats. The 4-1/2″ x 2-3/4″ panel on this card is covered with festive party hats. Even though I forgot your birthday, there’s still a party to be had. I alternated between three colors of hats (Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade and Crushed Curry) on a backdrop of Mossy Meadow. To broaden the sentiment without covering up all the party hats, I added a 2-1/4″ circle of Vellum Cardstock behind the sentiment. What a great way to add volume to a card without taking away from the pattern or backdrop!
- Remembering in a Retro Color Scheme. I built my card with a quartet of colors that remind me of a 1970’s kitchen – Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow. While I certainly don’t expect the recipient of the card to see the connection, I wanted to pull colors together from a time gone by. They are certainly still great colors today (these are some of my favorites), but together they are very reminiscent of the past. If you like this combination of Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry and Mossy Meadow, please save this:
Bundles: Broadway Birthday Bundle Stamp Sets: Broadway Birthday, Itty Bitty Birthdays Papers: Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade, Mossy Meadow, Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White Inks: Poppy Parade, Crushed Curry, Balmy Blue, Basic Black Accessories: Broadway Lights Dies, 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Layering Circle Dies, 2-1/2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s lots of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
Here are links to the products I’ve shared on today’s project:
I posted my 2019 Annual Catalog Product Shares this weekend – and I’d love for you to check them out. What a great way to “kick the tires” on all the wonderful, new papers, ribbons and embellishments in the new catalog!