Freshly Made Sketches recently celebrated it’s 400th sketch and has gone back to previous sketches to honor the milestone. This week, we are looking back to FMS300 for inspiration – a fun sketch that had me reaching for my Royal Peacock Bundle to celebrate. Here’s my card for this week’s challenge:
- Royal Peacock. The Royal Peacock Bundle is quite wonderful! I wasn’t initially a huge fan (except that I’ve ALWAYS love the name, given the fact that my Stampin’ Up! team is called InKing Royalty), but the more I’ve played with the Royal Peacock stamp set and coordinating Detailed Peacock Dies, the more I’ve fallen in love with them. Here’s a look at the Royal Peacock Bundle:Although I didn’t use the Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper on this card, it’s a GORGEOUS complement to this bundle. Here’s a look at the Noble Peacock Specialty Designer Series Paper: Want to see more? Check out all of the items in the Noble Peacock Suite of products by clicking on the image below:
- Layers & Measurements. If there is anyone who can take a sweet-and-simple sketch and interpret it with NINE layers of cardstock (and two layers of Stampin’ Dimensionals), it’s me! Guilty as charged! Every layer is necessary, though, to make each of the elements in my card pop. Here’s a quick rundown of the layer measurements, starting at the base of the card and working my way up:
- Smoky Slate – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Pretty Peacock – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Woven Threads Designer Series Paper – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Pretty Peacock – 2-1/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Purple Posy – 2″ x 4″
- Pretty Peacock – 2-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Whisper White – 2″ x 3″
- Pretty Peacock – Detailed Peacock die
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Smoky Slate – 2″ Circle punch
- Color Combination. My card started with this delicate design from Woven Threads Designer Series Paper. I adore the mix of Purple Posy with small dots of Pretty Peacock (both are 2019-2021 In Colors that are featured in this paper). They look wonderful together! Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in Woven Threads Designer Series Paper: I added Smoky Slate to the base of this card and used it for the sentiment to help add a neutral tone to the beautiful colors. If you like this combination of Smoky Slate, Purple Posy and Pretty Peacock, please save this:
Bundles: Royal Peacock Stamp Sets: Royal Peacock Papers: Woven Threads Designer Series Paper, Smoky Slate, Purple Posy, Pretty Peacock, Whisper White Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento Accessories: Detailed Peacock Dies, 2″ Circle Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches site to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Brian’s Grab Bag Promotion
Between now and September 3, I’m offering a grab bag of retired products when you spend $50 with me. Items include selections of Designer Series Papers, ribbons and embellishments. You won’t be disappointed in the goodies you receive.
To learn more, click here.
Holiday Catalog Product Shares and Swatch Books
I’ve posted my products shares and swatch books from Stampin’ Up!’s 2019 Holiday Catalog. What fun! If you are in the U.S., I hope you’ll pop over and take a look. What a great way to share in the great, new products in the new catalog! CLICK HERE to learn more.
A Great Time to Become a Royal
Can you see the difference Stampin’ Up! has made in my life? Stampin’ Up! is offering lots of amazing extras when you join during August. Want to know more? CLICK HERE.
World Card Making Day/Brian’s Fall Stamp-Along
If you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator who is attending OnStage in Atlanta, Georgia, I’d love to invite you to join me for a fun day of fun stamping inspiration, games, swaps and giveaways.
I haven’t yet opened registration for this year’s event (to be held on November 15 at the Atlanta Marriott Gateway), but that doesn’t mean you don’t want to get on the list to find out more when I know more. Stampin’ Up! moved this year’s event to a different location with few options for hosting my event. As such, I am only able to accommodate a smaller crowd that before. I am still working through several ideas for how I can include more people without taking away from the experience for those there.
To read more about this event, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – XCXRY327 – when prompted. Thank you!