There’s nothing more representative of Winter than an evergreen tree in a snowy white field. The look and the smell of pines in Winter bring us right to Christmas. You may have never heard of this (and I’m always happy to share new traditions with my readers), but sometimes people bring pine trees into their homes and decorate them with lights, tinsel and bright, shiny ornaments. Trees are a big part of our Winter experience, so I love cards that feature trees. Here’s my card:
And here’s the banner for the challenge that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Pines in a Mossy Meadow. This tree and Seaside Spray circle are at home in the Mossy Meadow backdrop of this card. If you love your trees and landscapes as much as I do, you should give this set a look-see (unless you already have it or already have it on your wish list). Here’s a look at the In the Pines Bundle: The base for the tree is a mix of two Mossy Meadow patterns from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns in the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper:
- Building the Christmas Tree. Not only is the tree from the Pine Woods Dies a gorgeous shape and texture, but I’ve added a little extra texture to the greenery on the tree. Here’s a closer look: Here’s how I built this sweet tree:
- I ran a Mossy Meadow ink pad over Mossy Meadow cardstock, creating streaks and texture on the cardstock.
- I cropped the tree with the Pine Woods Dies.
- I cropped the base of the tree with Early Espresso cardstock and snipped it along the edge of the greenery.
- I glued the Early Espresso tree trunk to the Mossy Meadow tree.
- I loosely glued the tree to the Seaside Spray circle that was cropped with the Layering Circles Dies, allowing the tree to hang over the edges just a bit.
- I added three Snowflake Adhesive-Backed Embellishments (page 29 of Stampin’ Up!’s August – December 2020 Mini Catalog) to the Seaside Spray backdrop to place the tree in a snowy landscape.
- A Favorite Color Combination. I love Mossy Meadow, and I love Seaside Spray. Together, they are an incredible duo that I absolutely love. The pale blue clashes a bit with the rich green, but there’s still harmony in their subtle clash. Don’t you agree? If you love this combination of Whisper White, Seaside Spray and Mossy Meadow as much as I do, I hope you’ll save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Itty Bitty Christmas Papers: Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper, Seaside Spray, Mossy Meadow, Early Espresso, Thick Whisper White Inks: Mossy Meadow Accessories: Pine Woods Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Snowflake Adhesive-Backed Embellishments, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PSYW4PPY – when prompted. Thank you!