Today’s card is a decided turn from the rich colors of Fall and Winter. I’ve made a bold, bright birthday card for the FabFriday challenge that goes live today. While there are so many great holiday-themed products I could have used for this fun layout, I chose to make an always-needed birthday card. Here’s my card, which features a fun mix of colors that all but scream “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Happiest of Birthdays. You know I love sentiment sets – what card is complete without the perfect sentiment (on either inside or outside of the card)? I especially love when the the sentiments are perfectly styled in beautiful or fun fashion. The Happiest of Birthdays stamp set from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog gives us four super-fun ways to celebrate the annual anniversary of someone’s birth. Here’s a look at the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set:I used the demure “Happy B-Day” in a square as the centerpiece of my card. I stamped the sentiment with Versamark on Basic Black cardstock, covered it with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and then heated it with my heat tool. I snipped around the sentiment with my Paper Snips.
- Building the Layers. I love building simple layers on a card. Here’s a quick summary of how I built the layers on this card, starting with the base and working my way up to the sentiment:
- Magenta Madness – 4-1/4″ x 11″ (scored at 5-1/2″)
- Basic Black – 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Daffodil Delight – 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic Black – 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- 2020-2022 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Magenta Madness) – 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
- Whisper White – Stitched So Sweetly Dies (trimmed scallops off top & bottom and trimmed the right side)
- Balmy Blue, Magenta Madness and Daffodil Delight – bunched with Balloon Bouquet Punch
- Whisper White – cropped with Special Day Dies
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic Black – snipped around sentiment with Paper Snips
- Bright Color Trio. The playful pattern at the base of my focal panel is one of the new patterns in the 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers – perfect for a birthday, right?! I used Magenta Madness from the 2020 – 2022 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Papers. Here’s a look at the colors and patterns:Balloons are happy! I paired my Magenta Madness balloon with an (equally bright) Daffodil Delight balloon and tempered those two with a soft Balmy Blue balloon. If you like this mix of Daffodil Delight, Magenta Madness and Balmy Blue as much as I do, I hope you will save this for future reference:
Stamp Sets: Happiest of Birthdays Papers: 2020-2022 In Color 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper, Magenta Madness, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Whisper White Inks: Versamark Accessories: Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Balloon Bouquet Punch, Special Day Dies, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
I hope you’ll pop over to the FabFriday challenge blog to see the cards by the design team members and to play along with this week’s challenge.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Designer Series Paper Sale
You know how much I love Designer Series Paper, right? I know you do, too – that’s why I’m excited to share that Stampin’ Up! is hosting a month-long Designer Series Paper Sale – 15% off select packs of papers from Stampin’ Up!’s 2020 Annual Catalog and August – December 2020 Mini Catalog. How fun! If you’d like to see all the papers that are on sale, please click on the document below:
If you’d like to see my favorite colors and cards with these papers, CLICK HERE.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PDGF77WJ – when prompted. Thank you!