Yesterday I shared Mom’s video with two of Stampin’ Up!’s new kits – if you missed that video, please click here to take a look. It wasn’t my initial intent to make two posts out of Mom’s video, but she had several tips to share so I’m walking you through those today. Also, I captured a quick reel of outtakes from her “one-take video” that makes me laugh even when I’m not watching it. It’s hard to capture someone’s true laugh on video, but we’ve done it!
Here’s a little bit more about the kits Mom put together, including her pointers for both:
Let’s Party Treat Packaging Kit #156992
This kit makes 8 pillow boxes – each measures 2-7/16″ x 4-1/4″ when folded. They are ALMOST large enough to hold a gift card and perfect for small candies or … dental floss. Here are the finished projects in the Let’s Party Treat Packaging Kit:
That A LOT of stuff for $19 (before shipping and handling). The stamp set itself is worth $19. Here’s a look at this versatile and fun Let’s Party Photopolymer stamp set: Here are some of Mom’s tips for putting together these pillow boxes:
- Fold the tab along one side of the pillow box, add tear-and-tape and then fold the box flat on the table to secure it. Mom found it helpful to add a little “green glue” (Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue) to keep them firmly secured.
- To crease the crescents along the side of the pillow boxes, gently run your fingers over the crease to gently build the crease.
- Assemble the die-cut starbursts completely before adding them to the pillow box – it’s easier to apply the enamel shapes to the flat surface than when it’s on the curved box.
- DO NOT glue the entire starburst to a closed pillow box – Mom added a strip of glue dots down the middle of the pillow box and glued just the middle down so the top and bottom of the starburst can “pop” when the pillow box is constructed.
No Matter the Weather Card Kit #156977
This card kit includes 9 cards and envelopes – 3 each of 3 designs. These are such sunny projects for a rainy day – no better way to show you support or just say “hi.” Here’s a look at the finished projects in this kit:
So many great elements in this kit that can be used for so much more than these three card designs. The stamp set is an incredible one, too. Here’s a look at the No Matter the Weather Photopolymer stamp set:
- Set out all of the elements on the table in front of you and sort through everything. Punch out all of the elements and measure the twine. Then assemble.
- When you punch out elements, you sometimes see tiny, little tabs from the area of the tear. You can snip those off with Paper Snips or carefully file them off with a nail file.
- Don’t be afraid to switch things up a little bit to make them work for you. Mom wasn’t sure how she’d use “let love grow” so she switched out the sentiment for another and moved the heart on her card.
Just a Little Fun
Mom and I had a great time pulling together yesterday’s video. While we taped all the way through, I clipped out a couple of “do-overs” in the original video to keep things moving along. There’s one part of the video that keeps me laughing, and I want to share it with you today.
A little background: Mom is a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, so she’s seen some of these projects and designs before. As Stampin’ Up! launches this new way of selling kits, they have adapted several Paper Pumpkin and Sale-a-Bration kits for the initial kickoff. I don’t know that the kits will continue to be revamps of Paper Pumpkin designs, but I do know these are some of the most popular kits we’ve ever had. Anyway…I caught Mom a little off-guard when I asked her to describe the program, but she went along with it and gave it here best try until it all fell apart.
Last Chance Retiring List
Stampin’ Up! has released the list of products in its January – June 2021 Mini Catalog that are retiring on June 30 or when supplies run out. There are a lot of great products that will soon be unavailable – and MANY of them are offered at a great discount right now.To read more about the sale, CLICK HERE.
To shop the sale in my online store, CLICK HERE.
Connect, Craft & Collect Promotion
Between now and June 14, Stampin Up! is giving us all an additional $25 of free product for orders over $250. What a great incentive to pick up all of the new products you want early or to combine orders with a friend who also has a long wish list. During the Connect, Craft & Collect promotion, qualifying orders take advantage of Stampin’ Up!’s generous Stampin’ Rewards PLUS earn an additional $25 for orders over $250.
If a $250 order isn’t in the stars for you, then maybe you have a friend or two who’d like to order with you? I’m more than happy to set up a Host Code for you or place a workshop order for you and your friends so you can earn free rewards. I’d be happy to set up a quick call to talk about ways for you to earn – just email me here.
Placing an order today? Of course you are! If you are placing an order for $150 or more, I want you to enjoy all of the Host Rewards you have earned. If your order is less than $150, I’d love for you please add this Host Code – PKVM4A3F – when prompted. Thank you!