If I were forced to pick my favorite color combination (and who would really have to force me to pick one, anyway?), I’d have to say that it’s currently Real Red, Coastal Cabana and Whisper White. So vibrant, so joyful, so beautiful. When I saw the simple sketch from Freshly Made Sketches this week, I immediately knew I’d be playing around with this color combination. Here’s my card:
- Sketch within the Card. While this sketch has a horizontal band across the bottom and a vertical band along the left, my card showcases the sketch on a panel on the card, rather than the card itself. I have a tendency to center everything. For some reason, though, with this card, I thought it might add a little interest to put the focal panel in the bottom, right corner of the card. It still looks a little strange to me, but there’s something I like about it at the same time.
- Nick Nack Patty Whack, Add a Little Ric Rac. The Ric Rac was the inspiration for this card (the ric rac inspiration was inspired by Jen’s sketch – just to be clear). I cropped these pieces from Tasteful Trim Bigz XL. Just a note – the left side of the trim doesn’t tightly nestle inside the right side of the trim. The cuts aren’t perfectly angled. The little gaps are easily forgiven because the ric rac is so adorable.
- Centering everything. I already pointed out that the panel on this card is not centered on the card front (as if you couldn’t pick that out yourself – you are really very astute). There’s lots of centering, though, on this uncentered panel – there are five ric rac strips with the Real Red one in the middle, and there are five wraps of White Baker’s Twine so that one strand is in the center.
Stamp sets: Just Sayin’ Papers: Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White Inks: Real Red Accessories: Tasteful Trim Bigz XL, Word Bubbles Framelit Dies, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Time is Running Out. I don’t want you to miss out on all the amazing promotions and opportunities that are about to run out. Here’s a quick rundown of the promotions that end tomorrow, March 31 (please contact me at [email protected] if you have question):
- Sale-a-Bration. March 31 is the last day to earn Sale-a-Bration items for every $50 you spend. I don’t want this opportunity to pass you by. 🙂
- Starter Kit. March 31 is the last day to purchase the Stampin’ Up! starter kit for just $99 (and to pick up $150 of product).
- Best of 25 Years Stamp Sets. Month after month, you watched them all roll out. If you put off ordering a set you want, do it now. They go away March 31.
- Paper Pumpkin – Free Markers. I’ve been telling you about the 2012-2014 Stampin’ Write Markers you can earn when you sign up for Paper Pumpkin. This offer ends March 31, so sign up now (www.mypaperpumpkin.com – Brian King, 30341) so you don’t miss out.
Spring One-for-One Card Swap. I’m hosting a one-for-one card swap, and I’d love for you to participate. You mail me a handmade card and get a handmade card in return. For more information, please click here.
Stamp with Brian is on Facebook! Please click the “like” icon above to find me on Facebook. We’re having a lot of fun over there, and I’d love for you to join us!