I’m really excited to share my project today – I love how it all came together. Before I share, though, I want to give a big “thank you” to Nance Leady, super-talented designer at the Paper Players, who selected my Sprinkles of Life Rain or Shine card as A Cut Above last week (you can see that card here). I had a lot of fun with the challenge and am always thrilled to be selected as a favorite – especially by someone as talented as Nance and with such an adorable mom). Thanks, Nance! <3
After saying all those lovely things about Nance, fate would have it that she is the host of this week’s Paper Players challenge – :). My card started with the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch – when I saw that the colors could work perfectly with the Paper Players’ challenge, I decided to do a two-fer. Here’s my card:
And here are the banners for the challenges that inspired my card:
Tips, Tricks and Reminders
- Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper. Although the printed catalog says the Perfectly Artistic Paper is only offered through February 15, there’s still quite a bit of it to be earned (during Sale-a-Bration, you can select this paper as your gift with a $50 purchase). Yippee! There are TWELVE colors featured in this paper of marbled and watercolored prints. I used the watercolored piece of Bermuda Bay as the frame around the card front – it ties in perfectly with the sprinkling of Bermuda Bay water spots.
- Snipping the Anchor and Rope. I wanted my rope to be a different color than my anchor. With a little snipping ingenuity and planning, I figured out a way to quickly do that.
- Artful Layering. I love when a whole bunch of layers really make an image pop. This coral and anchor might seem a little flat without all these luscious frames behind it. Here’s a quick rundown of the layers (starting with the base of the card front and working my way up):
- Sahara Sand: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black: 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper (Bermuda Bay): 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8
- Sahara Sand: 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Basic Black: 3-1/8″ x 4-3/8″
- Whisper White: 3″ x 4-1/4″
Stamp Sets: Guy Greetings, By the Tide Papers: Perfectly Artistic Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Whisper White Inks: Calypso Coral, Bermuda Bay, Archival Basic Black Accessories: Paper Snips, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!